- The stretch of U.S. 250 between Route 6 and Route 151 on Afton Mountain has been closed since May 3, and there is still no firm date for when it will be reopened to traffic, according to the VDOT engineer overseeing the project.
- Virginia State Police has identified the man killed in an officer-involved shooting in Augusta County on Friday as Jeffrey J. Bruce, 48, of Grottoes.
- John Marshall Higgins, the former superintendent of the Rockbridge County Regional Jail, was sentenced this week to 51 months in federal prison.
- Over the past 20 years, the United States has experienced a dramatic increase in both the number of cases and the geographic distribution of Lyme disease.
- A Forest man who owned and operated Lighthouse Properties of Virginia Inc. pleaded guilty this week in connection with an embezzlement scheme in excess of $550,000.
- Customers at the Charlottesville farmers market sites have had to preorder and pick up their produce remotely since last spring. Market manager Justin McKenzie said his vendors are eager to return to face-to-face sales.
- Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam lifted Virginia’s universal indoor mask mandate to align with new guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Northam also announced that Virginia will ease all distancing and capacity restrictions on Friday, May 28, two weeks earlier than planned.
- The Central Shenandoah Health District began vaccinating those aged 12-15 on Friday, following federal approval of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for adolescents.
- State-run Community Vaccination Clinics will begin offering the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine to adolescents aged 12-15 on Friday.
- For the filing week ending May 8, the figure for seasonally unadjusted initial claims in Virginia was 11,270, a decrease of 961 claimants from the previous week.
- Gov. Ralph Northam has announced $62.7 million in Virginia LEARNS Education Recovery grants to help school divisions expand targeted initiatives to address learning loss among Virginia students.
- UVA basketball class of 2022 recruit Isaac McKneely joins "The Jerry Ratcliffe Show" to talk about his high school team's run in the West Virginia state tournament, and the upcoming summer AAU season.
- VDOT's Carrie Shepheard and Lou Hatter join the show to break down what VDOT is doing at the site of the Afton Mountain rock slide.
- Rod Mullins joins the show to break down Martin Truex Jr.'s win at Darlington, give us a Dover preview, and Rod and Chris Graham talk gas hoarding.
- The wrestling documentaries popular these days all end the same way: in tragedy. Jeremy Norrie, director of “The Other Side of the Ring,” goes the other direction, following the booker’s inclination to send the fans home happy.
- Redshirt sophomore Nathan Light was outstanding for seven innings on the hill, and the VMI baseball team held on for a 6-5 victory over visiting ETSU Friday in a Southern Conference game.
- Mitchell Parker led a strong pitching effort for the Fredericksburg Nationals, but it wasn't enough to secure the club's first victory in a 7-3 loss to the Delmarva Shorebirds.
- The stakes are what they are as Virginia preps for a three-game ACC weekend series with Wake Forest beginning Friday night at Disharoon Park.
- Matt Frisbee, Joey Marciano, Matt Seelinger and Patrick Ruotolo combined to throw the first nine-inning no-hitter in team history as the Richmond Flying Squirrels beat the Harrisburg Senators, 2-0, at FNB Field on Thursday.
- As remote working becomes increasingly popular and looks set to become more so in the next decade, it is important to understand how to work effectively under its unique conditions.
- Millennials may have won the battle, but will they win the war? Which generation is better at saving money?
- Portugal’s Golden Visa Program offers people who are looking to move overseas the perfect opportunity, as they embark on the exciting next chapter of their lives.
- There is no doubt that you will have heard about CBD at some point in the last few years. The health craze is certainly taking the wellness industry by storm and legislation has paved the way for new research.
- If you are relatively new to trading and investing, it is important to know some of the key terminology as you develop your strategy to enter this arena.