- The Augusta County School Board voted down a required model policy on treatment of transgender students because board members feel the county’s existing policy is already in compliance with state law. The Virginia Department of Education is saying, nuh-uh.
- A Lynchburg man is in custody on assault and battery and hate crime charges after an incident in Staunton on Saturday.
- An Elkton man is dead from injuries in a single-vehicle crash on Cross Keys Road on Saturday.
- Waynesboro PD officer Christopher Johnson, one of the guys running for sheriff, just saved a guy’s life, so if you’re looking for a reason to vote for him, there’s that.
- At the second Vax the Valley event on Saturday, July 31 at Barren Ridge Vineyard, 39 doses of vaccines were given.
- Mary Baldwin University has named pioneering student inclusivity advocate the Rev. Andrea Cornett-Scott as its new chief diversity officer.
- The City of Charlottesville is soliciting offers from entities interested in acquiring ownership of a bronze figurative sculpture depicting the 19th century explorers Lewis & Clark, and their Native American partner, Sacajawea.
- The Virginia Department of Transportation is seeking public comment for a transportation study of 10 intersections in the City of Staunton.
- Virginia gas prices are unchanged in the past week, averaging $2.98/gallon today, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 4,081 stations in Virginia.
- Virginia Tech scientists with the Fralin Biomedical Research Institute at VTC have identified neural learning processes to be associated with symptoms of depression.
- For the 12th year in a row, the Virginia Tech community exceeded its goal during the annual Lights Out!/Power Down! event held on June 24 on the Blacksburg campus.
- A New Zealand man pleaded guilty this week to production of child pornography.
- The Virginia Department of Health is issuing an update for the recreational water advisory issued July 29 for Tuckahoe Creek and the James River.
- AARP Virginia announced today that The People’s Debate, the state’s largest and most widely-broadcast debate sponsored by a nonpartisan organization, has been cancelled for 2021 due to the decision of Republican candidate Glenn Youngkin not to participate.
- Congressman Don Beyer (D-VA-08) this week welcomed new guidance from the Biden administration to support the large community of Americans suffering from long COVID.
- U.S. Sens. Tim Kaine (D-VA) and Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) led 11 of their colleagues in a letter to Senate leadership calling for the inclusion of a $100 billion investment in workforce development.
- Congressman A. Donald McEachin (D-VA-04) has introduced the Firearm Owners Responsibility and Safety Act to promote safe storage of firearms and reduce gun-related injuries and deaths.
- The House of Representatives voted this week to approve funding for 10 Central Virginia projects totaling more than $6.3 million for Virginia’s Seventh District.
- The key to the UVA defense in 2021: fixing what ailed the secondary in 2020.
- VCU will return to the Bahamas for one of the country’s premier in-season tournaments to highlight the Rams’ 2021-2022 non-conference schedule, released Monday.
- Boater Chris Dillow of Waynesboro won the Phoenix Bass Fishing League Presented by T-H Marine at James River in Henrico.
- Virginia Tech and ClubCorp are partnering to build a new, premier venue within Lane Stadium that is designed to revolutionize the game-day experience and bring an already engaged fan base even closer to the university.
- Some rosters are made up of teammates. Some are made of friends. Some are family. In three seasons under head coach Rebecca Tillett, Longwood women’s basketball has become all three.
- Running a rental business is not easy. However, implementing these money-saving practices on your rental management can save you time, resources, and money in the long run.
- In E.R. Emotional Release, Tian Boothe has written richly orchestrated songs to form a power ballad based on a personal experience, ensuring the young, award-winning director continues to inspire audiences with her spellbinding productions.
- Whether you are chartering a yacht for your whole vacation, or just spending a day out on the water, Yacht Jerico offers you these facts to make sure you do it properly.
- How can you make a perfect cold email template? Let's find it out together.
- When running a business, it's important to put elements in place that allow you to do your work as easily as possible, saving much needed time and money in the process. That's why it might be a good idea to embrace the power of outsourcing, a proven way to save money and to speed up processes.