- If Staunton Sheriff Matt Robertson had not had his car broken into while he was pre-med at Bridgewater College in 1989, he may never have gone into law enforcement.
- The men and women in blue uniforms have gotten negative attention in the press in the last couple of years, and the city of Staunton’s police officers feel the sting just as do police officers across the United States.
- Virginia’s largest trade association has released its 2022 Economic & Housing Market Forecast, which looks at what is ahead for the Commonwealth.
- For the filing week ending Sept. 18, the figure for seasonally unadjusted initial unemployment claims in Virginia was 15,962, an increase of 12,140 from the previous week.
- The fall foliage colors in Virginia may peak by the third week of October this year – about a week ahead of normal, according to Virginia Tech tree physiology expert John Seiler.
- VDOT will repair a sinkhole located on the west side of Route 262 in Augusta County beginning at 8 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 1.
- An employee who worked at three Famous Anthony’s restaurant locations in Roanoke has been diagnosed with hepatitis A.
- UVA President Jim Ryan announced Friday at a Board of Visitors meeting a $50 million lead gift from Tessa Ader for the building of a performing arts center at the University.
- Virginia welcomes the decision from the CDC to support booster shots for some who have received the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
- Columbia Gas of Virginia has launched a new mobile app, which is now available in both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- COVID-19 vaccines have been widely available since spring, yet across rural southwest and southern central Virginia, not a single county had more than 40 percent of its population fully vaccinated in mid-August, according to the Virginia Department of Health.
- Gov. Ralph Northam has announced a new grant program designed to support equitable and sustainable local food systems.
- Wake Forest eventually punted. It was 37-17, what turned out to be your final, in the fourth quarter, but they eventually punted.
- VCU Basketball will welcome Ram Nation back to the Stuart C. Siegel Center on Saturday, Oct. 16 for the Black and Gold Game.
- The Virginia Tech football team looks to bounce back from last week’s loss to West Virginia when the Hokies welcome Richmond to Lane Stadium on Saturday.
- After 25 years as St. Anne’s-Belfield’s head varsity football coach, John Blake will retire at the end of this current season.
- Wake Forest scored on its first seven possessions, didn’t punt until the fourth quarter. And Bronco Mendenhall sees that as improvement.
- This week's "Good Health" podcast welcomes Lisa Sandvig from ACAC, Adam Shimer from UVA Orthopedics and Mark Lorenzoni from Ragged Mountain Running & Walking Shop.
- Rod Mullins joins "Street Knowledge" to recap an exciting Saturday night at Bristol Motor Speedway.
- For reasons unknown, the 2021 Subway ACC Championship Game will kick off at 8 p.m. on ABC on Saturday, Dec. 4., at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte.
- There’s no better time to restore your health than now, so join us as we share these helpful insights into getting your life back on track.
- If you're looking for the best solution for your business's IT needs, this article will tell you why AWS should be at the top of your list.
- There is a trip out there for every family, the challenging part is deciding on just one place to go.
- An international ad campaign can go very wrong when you don’t involve professional translation professionals. Without their help, even the world’s biggest companies (with the marketing budgets to match) can wind up making some pretty heinous mistakes.