- It apparently bears repeating: #TeamAFP is fully vaccinated, has been since the spring, when we first shared that news with you. We’re not expecting a cake and balloons. This shouldn’t even be a big deal, but apparently it is.
- Seven weeks after launching the Afton Express, an extension of BRITE transit, the Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission reports that an average of 25 to 30 commuters rode the bus each weekday for the first two weeks in October.
- For the filing week ending Oct. 16, the figure for seasonally unadjusted initial unemployment claims in Virginia was 1,967. The latest claims figure was a decrease of 7,380 claimants from the previous week.
- Devin Darrington wants to go into law, maybe real estate, but he's not done with football, so when his senior season at Harvard was lost when the Ivy League canceled for 2020, he put his name into the transfer portal.
- Customer demand for excellent hygiene and cleanliness standards in the hospitality industry has never been greater, and has therefore resulted in significant and permanent changes to local operations.