Idaho Online Poker – Top 10 Best 2022 Real Money Poker Sites In ID
Pull up a chair at the top Idaho poker sites and claim various welcome and ongoing bonuses. In this guide, we’ll list the top five best poker casinos in the Gem State and we’ll explain important terms, such as legal casinos and ring-fencing.
Keep reading to find out how you can play poker in Idaho using cryptocurrency and play on mobile devices. We’ll also provide you with exclusive poker bonuses that are available in Idaho.
Idaho Poker Sites
100% Deposit Bonus up to $1,000Accepts Players From All US States T&Cs apply, 18+
100% Deposit Bonus up to $500Accepts Players From All US States T&Cs apply, 18+
100% Deposit Bonus up to $1,000Accepts Players From All US States T&Cs apply, 18+
100% Deposit Bonus up to $1,000Accepts Players From All US States T&Cs apply, 18+
200% Deposit Bonus up to $1,000Accepts Players From All US States T&Cs apply, 18+
List of the Best Idaho Poker Sites
Our team of experts has identified the following sites to offer the best Idaho poker rooms. Due to the laws banning online casinos from being based or licensed in the State, all of these sites are located offshore. Nevertheless, they are safe to use and provide a professional service to players across the US.
- BetOnline – The Flagship Online Poker Site in Idaho.
- Bovada – A Top Idaho Online Poker Site for Customization.
- SportsBetting.ag – One of the Best Idaho Poker Casinos for Tournaments.
- Ignition – Offers Loyalty Points for Every Real Money Poker Wager.
- Everygame – A Top ID Poker Site for Fast Payouts.
Reviews of the Best Idaho Poker Sites
You can join any of these offshore Idaho poker sites in just a few minutes. Below, you’ll find an overview explaining why these casinos have been chosen by our team of experts. You can find out more about each site by clicking on the respective link.
1. BetOnline – The Flagship Online Poker Site in Idaho
BetOnline is the leading Idaho poker site as it offers a full range of games and services to support both beginners and experienced players. These include helpful resources to help you learn how to play and practice using virtual games in demo mode. Real money games are available, as are frequent poker tournaments with high-value prize pools. Before playing with real money, we suggest checking out BetOnline Casino bonus codes for the latest rewards.
The BetOnline Poker platform is avaialble online, through a mobile-friendly website. You can also download the platform onto your Android or iOS devices, as well as your desktop. No matter which way you connect to the platform, you’ll be able to enjoy numerous variants, including Texas Hold’em, Boost Poker, and Windfall Poker.
- Download the poker app
- A very good selection of poker variants, including Six Plus Hold’em
- Deposit USD or one of 15 supported cryptocurrencies
- A very good selection of tournaments with high-value prize pools
- No loyalty program is available
2. Bovada – A Top Idaho Online Poker Site for Customization
The Bovada Poker platform offers an incredible range of customization and advanced features. This user-friendly site allows you to change the look of your cards and poker tables as well as chat with other players whilst you play. Moreover, you can join Annonymous Tables to ensure that your identity and playing style is not recognized by others.
This Idaho poker site offers several variants that you can play with real money as well as in demo mode. Top variants include Hold’em and Omaha Hi/Lo, and you can learn the rules of these versions through the casino’s Learn How To Poker page. When you’re ready to play with real money, you’ll find a selection of Bovada bonus codes awaiting. These include matched bonuses, poker chips, and even free roll tickets.
- A feature-rich poker platform
- Collect points that can be redeemed for tournament tickets
- Download the iOS and Android mobile poker apps
- Extensive resources to help you learn how to play poker
- Only accepts maximum deposits of $5k with crypto
3. SportsBetting.ag – One of the Best Idaho Poker Casinos for Tournaments
Sportsbetting.ag is one of Idaho’s top platforms for poker tournaments. Each month, players are invited to join several competitions that range from Sit’n Go’s to daily tournaments. Guaranteed prizes also range significantly and can reach values of $1 million or more. Entry into these competitions may be free or at a cost, and as one of the best Bitcoin poker sites in the country, you can play using your favorite cryptocurrency.
This casino caters to both casual poker players and high rollers. By paying with Bitcoin, you can access maximum deposit limits of $500k. Moreover, just like other high payout casinos in this list, Sportsbetting.ag lets you withdraw up to $100k with BTC at a time.
- An Idaho poker platform geared towards high rollers
- Offers Texas Hold’em and Omaha poker rooms
- Sit’n Go and daily tournaments with high-value prizes
- Download the poker apps on PC and Mac
- Not the best site on which to learn how to play poker
4. Ignition – Offers Loyalty Points for Every Real Money Poker Wager
The Ignition Poker platform is renowned for its features and game selections and often ranks among the top casino sites in individual US states. Residents of Idaho who join this site can look forward to playing several poker variants and participating in frequent tournaments. Every eligible real money wager that you place will result in loyalty points that you can redeem for bonuses and free roll tickets.
As Bovada’s sister site, Ignition has numerous poker features in common. Apart from being able to customize your cards and tables, you can join Annonymous Tables and Zone Poker, for faster gameplay. You will also find Ignition Casino bonus codes that you can use on poker and that you can start claiming just as soon as you register your account.
- Offers poker strategies for new and advanced players
- Collect points when playing poker for real
- Numerous poker tournaments available each month
- Play poker variants on your mobile
- A relatively small variety of payment methods
5. Everygame – A Top ID Poker Site for Fast Payouts
Everygame offers several Idaho poker rooms where you can play primarily Hold’em and Omaha. In addition to standalone games, you can choose to participate in tournaments, including Sit’n Go’s. Whichever option you choose, you’ll be using one of the best poker casinos for payments, providing several convenient options to deposit and withdraw funds easily.
From the moment that you join this casino, you’ll be welcomed with Everygame bonus codes. Some of these offers are avaialble for poker and allow you to play with a bigger bankroll or by using free chips. As you play poker with real money, you’ll also collect loyalty points that you can redeem for no deposit bonuses, such as Gold Chips.
- Provides a fixed rakeback rate of 36%
- Pay using eWallets, crypto, and traditional payment methods
- Get rewarded even if you do not place a deposit
- Featured Texas Hold’em and Omaha tournaments and games
- The poker user interface is basic and unimpressive
More on gambling in Idaho…
Learn about all types of online gambling in ID in our expert guides below:
Frequently Asked Questions about Poker in Idaho
Where to play poker in Idaho?
Is online poker legal in Idaho?
Can I legally play poker online in Idaho?
What is the most legit online poker site for Idaho?
What is the best online poker site for beginners in Idaho?
Comparing Poker Sites in Idaho
The top sites offering poker in Idaho and bursting with great features and bonuses. Below, you’ll be able to compare them side by side, allowing you to identify the best site or sites for you.
|Poker Room||Poker Bonus||Freerolls||Casino Poker||Qualifiers||Live Poker|
|BetOnline||100% up to $1,000||✅||16+||✅||✅|
|Bovada||100% up to $500||✅||4+||✅||✅|
|Sportsbetting.ag||100% up to $1,000||✅||10+||✅||❌|
|Ignition||150% Up to $3,000||✅||6+||✅||✅|
|Everygame||200% up to $1,000||✅||1+||✅||❌|
Is Online Poker Legal in Idaho?
Idaho online casinos are not legally permitted in the State. As a result, no online poker operator can be based or licensed in the State. Poker tables are available at some of the land-based casinos in Idaho, but these are located far from popular centers.
The best option for residents looking to play poker in Idaho is to join offshore casinos. The ones listed in this guide are safe and reputable, offering a very good range of games, tournaments, and bonuses.
To join any of our featured sites, players need to be 18 years or over. This is the minimum gambling age in the State and is also applicable to most land-based establishments. Some facilities serve alcoholic drinks so require players to be a minimum of 21 years old.
Idaho Poker Laws
Idaho poker is not legal or available in the State, even at existing land-based casinos. Only a few establishments exist in the state, but are limited to offering electronic table games. All these casinos are on land owned and operate by Indian tribes. Here is an overview of the most important poker laws in Idaho:
- Online poker laws – Just like all other casino games, online poker is not legal. This means that residents can only play at offshore sites.
- Offline poker laws – Playing poker is not even allowed at Indian casinos, so land-based facilities are only able to offer electronic games.
- Gambling age – You must be 18 years or older to gamble for real money in Idaho.
Can I Play at an Offshore Poker Room from Idaho?
Yes, all the Idaho poker rooms that we’ve listed in this guide are accessible from the State without requiring any additional software, such as VPNs. These sites fall within a gray area of the law, so you should have no difficulty playing them with real money.
Since the State has yet to introduce any legislation legalizing online casinos, we’re only featuring offshore sites. Our team of experts has analyzed them thoroughly to ensure that they are safe and fair. Perhaps unsurprisingly, many of these Idaho poker sites are also high-ranking poker casinos on Reddit.
Legal Poker Sites vs Offshore Poker Sites
Throughout this guide we’ve made reference to both legal and offshore poker sites, but what is the difference between them?
Legal poker sites are ones that are licensed in the State. For them to exist, Idaho must first introduce laws that permit online poker gambling.
Offshore poker sites are platforms that are based and oftentimes licensed by foreign jurisdictions. Even though they are based abroad, they are still able to accept players from Idaho.
How can I tell the Difference between a Legal and Offshore Poker Site?
One of the easiest and quickest ways to check whether an online poker site is legal or offshore is to scroll down to the bottom of the page. Reputable sites normally feature the stamp of approval of their respective licensing authority.
Should Idaho poker legislation be passed, a legal site would feature the emblem of State authority along with details of the operating license. Offshore poker sites, such as Bovada, feature the emblem of their licensing authority, such as Curacao iGaming.
Online Poker Safety & Fairness – Who Regulates Legal Poker Sites in Idaho?
Licensing authorities, whether local or offshore, are responsible for ensuring that online poker sites provide safe and fair gaming to all players. To do this, they carry out frequent checks and even require operators to engage independent test labs to audit computer algorithms and mechanical equipment.
These authorities are also advocates for responsible gambling and provide extensive information and self-assessment questionnaires to help players. Licensed poker sites are also required to provide responsible gambling pages and voluntary limits and self-exclusions to their players.
When you visit any of our featured real money online casinos, you’ll find the responsible gambling page in the footer navigation bar on each page. You can also get in touch with customer care if you have questions or wish to set gaming limits.
Offshore Poker Sites in Idaho – Are Offshore Poker Sites Safe for Idaho Players?
Since Idaho poker rooms that are online fall outside of the current gambling laws in the State, you should have no difficulty joining our recommended offshore sites. You can play with real money, using either USD or cryptocurrency to fund your account.
Whilst the featured sites offering poker in ID have implemented numerous measures to keep players safe, you should also do your part. Whenever possible, use banking options that are not linked to your main account. The best Ethereum casinos offer plenty of options, including both cryptocurrency and eWallets.
You should also connect to the casino using a secure connection. Never divulge your account details to third parties and always use different passwords for each account.
Will Idaho be Ring-Fenced or Shared Player Pool?
Ring-fencing is the process by which casino operators limit player interaction to within a specified group. A ring fence could, for example, group poker players from Idaho together, allowing them to play with one another but excluding them from playing against players in California or other states.
Since there are no laws permitting Idaho poker online in the first place, there are no plans to introduce ring-fencing in the State.
Perks of Ring-Fencing Player Pools
The immediate perception of ring-fencing is that it’s restrictive and unfair, but it also offers several benefits to both players and operators. By ring-fencing Idaho players together, for example, poker site operators can ensure that they are abiding by the State’s laws without worrying about conflicts with other state laws.
Players that form part of a ring-fence are usually able to receive tailored services. These may include accessing popular payment methods or bonuses with a local twist.
Drawbacks of Ring-Fencing Player Pools
Ring-fenced player pools are normally limited in size, especially if one were to be created for Idaho. This would lead to fewer players and, as a result, lower bonuses and tournament prize pools.
Another drawback of this technique is the lack of diversity amongst players. This would mean that Idaho residents would not be exposed to the skills and techniques of poker players in other states, and this could impact their overall experience.
Timeline: History of Poker in Idaho
Idaho was once the go-to state for slot machines, but today has some of the most stringent laws on gambling. Here are some of the most important historical moments in the State’s poker gambling history:
- 1957 – Slot machines are banned by the Idaho Supreme Court following their surge in popularity in previous years. In 1947, the State’s Statute even exempt them from a bill banning lottery games.
- 1988 – A public referendum votes in favor of the State Lottery.
- 1992 – Three Native American tribes seek permission to offer Class III games, including poker, on their land. Their request is denied by legislators.
- 2002 – Slot games reappear legally in Idaho, but only at Indian casinos.
How to Play Online Poker in Idaho
Joining and playing at an Idaho poker site is easy when you use one of our featured operators. You can sign-up, deposit funds, and start playing in just a few minutes. When you do, you’ll find a new player bonus ready to welcome you.
Step 1: Register Your Casino Account
Visit the Idaho poker site’s website to sign-up. In this example, we are using BetOnline.
Click on ‘Join’ to begin registration. Enter your basic personal and user information, including a valid mobile number and email address.
Step 2: Verify Your Email
By the time you finish registration, you should receive an automated email from the BetOnline team. Click on the link found within the email to confirm that your address is correct. You might not be allowed to deposit funds until you’ve completed this step.
Step 3: Place a Deposit
Visit the casino’s cashier page and select your preferred payment method. BetOnline accepts a wide variety of USD payment methods as well as 15+ cryptocurrencies.
Enter the value of your payment and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the transaction. You should also remember to include the appropriate BetOnline Casino bonus code to activate your favorite poker or casino welcome offer.
Step 4: Play Poker Games or Join a Tournament
Click on the ‘Poker’ page on the BetOnline website and browse through the variety of games and tournaments available. Click on your choice to launch a game or visit the tournament page.
Making Deposits & Withdrawals at Idaho Poker Sites
To play at ID poker sites for real, you can deposit funds using a variety of safe and convenient payment methods. Here are some of the most popular options:
Crypto at Poker Sites
Cryptocurrencies offer a low-cost way to deposit and withdraw your casino funds. The best Bitcoin casinos in Idaho will extend higher banking limits to players using crypto, and you can even claim better rewards and bonuses.
eWallets at Poker Sites
eWallets provide a secure way to pay in USD without exposing your main bank accounts. ecoPayz, PayPal, Skrill, and several other eWallets are available in Idaho. However, if a site does not accept them, you can also use alternative options, such as Vanilla Visa.
Traditional Payment Methods
You can fund your Idaho poker account using USD by using familiar payment methods, including debit/credit cards, bank transfers, and payment vouchers. The best credit card casinos charge reasonable fees and provide generous bonuses even with these methods.
Poker Site Bonuses Available for Idaho Players
The best Idaho poker sites not only reward you generously but also offer online casino bonuses with reasonable terms and conditions. Before agreeing to receive a bonus, you should always read the associated rules to ensure that you get to keep your bonus. Some of the most important terms are usually the wagering requirement and the minimum deposit.
Here are some of the most common poker rewards:
Match Deposit Bonuses
A matched deposit offer will top up the value of your payment by a certain percentage. Getting a 100% match, for example, would double the value of your deposit, allowing you to play poker with a much bigger bankroll. You can find valuable matched deposit bonuses at the best reload bonus casinos in the US.
No Deposit Bonuses
Sites offering poker in ID award players in a number of different ways. No deposit bonuses are some of the most popular ones since they don’t require you to place a payment. Instead, you can claim this reward when you complete a particular task, such as registering a new account or inviting your friends to play poker.
Free Roll Tickets
To encourage players to join their tournaments, some Idaho poker sites offer them free roll tickets. These rewards replace the need to pay to enter a particular competition, granting you a higher probability of leaving the tournament ahead.
Playing on Idaho Poker Apps & Mobile Sites
The Idaho poker sites listed in this guide are not only available on desktops, but are also available on mobile devices. When you join any of these operators, you’ll be able to download their real money poker apps or play games directly from your mobile browser.
Mobile Poker Apps – Advantages & Disadvantages
There are several advantages to playing games on the best casino apps or mobile sites. Here are some of the most important ones:
- You can play poker wherever you are, and all you need is an Internet connection
- There might be bonuses and offers that are exclusively available on mobile
- Receive alerts and notifications for upcoming tournaments and new offers
- Deposit and withdraw funds easily using mobile-friendly payment methods
- It can be harder to concentrate if you’re playing in a noisy environment
- Downloadable apps only work on specific OS versions
How to Download Poker Apps or Software
If an Idaho poker site, such as BetOnline, offers downloadable apps, you can install them on your device in just a few steps. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit the BetOnline Casino page using your mobile browser and click on ‘Poker’.
- Choose the appropriate OS download, choosing between ‘Android’ or ‘iOS’. At this point, the system will automatically check if your version is supported and inform you if it isn’t. If it is, the download will begin.
- Once downloaded, you can tap on the app software to install it onto your phone. With the installation complete, you can open the mobile platform and either sign in or sign-up.
Tips for Playing Online Poker for Real Money in Idaho
Keep these pro tips in mind when playing online poker in Idaho:
- Practice makes perfect – To become great at poker, you need to take time to practice. Using games in demo mode is a good way to start, but eventually, you should to play against real players or the dealer. Fortunately, many tables accept low stakes.
- Don’t ignore bonuses – All the best Idaho poker sites offer both welcome and ongoing promotions. Be sure to make good use of these and to read the associated T&Cs to ensure that you don’t lose your bonus.
- Explore different variants – There are several versions of poker available in Idaho. These games are all based on the same hands but feature different gameplay and rules. You might find that one version matches your playing style more than the others.
- Keep emotions off the table – Focus on developing your poker strategy and stick to logical decisions, rather than emotional ones. If you feel that you’re getting too emotional, it’s best to stop playing as you’re more likely to play losing hands.
- Play poker for fun – Online poker in Idaho should be played solely for entertainment purposes and not for financial gain. The game is primarily based on luck, and whilst strategy may help your overall performance, it cannot guarantee a positive result.
Playing Online Poker vs Poker Live in Idaho
If you live in Idaho, you don’t have the option of playing poker in person. Online poker at offshore sites is your only choice, but fortunately, this choice comes with several benefits. For starters, you don’t need to travel long distances to get to a casino during its opening hours. The featured casinos are accessible across devices and are open 24/7.
Playing online poker gives you the flexibility of playing whenever you wish and from wherever you are. You can also keep useful information, such as strategy guides and hand values, close to you rather than having to memorize them. Online sites even provide previous results to help you make the right decision.
Another major advantage of playing online poker in Idaho rather than visiting a land-based casino is choice. Online sites offer a much larger variety of variants and tournaments, and it only takes a second to switch from one game to another. Bonuses are also higher, as are prize pools of online poker tournaments.
Famous Idaho Poker Players
Here are some of the most well-known and successful poker players from Idaho:
- Kevin MacPhee – Born in Coeur D’Alene, MacPhee has won just shy of $6 million in poker games so far. As a result, he ranks first in the Idaho All Time Money List and once ranked 121st in the All Time Money List.
- Dylan Linde – Just like MacPhee, Linde was born in Coeur D’Alene. He has won just over $5.4 million in poker and ranks second on the Idaho All Time Money List. His best showing in the All Time Money List was 253rd.
- Mike Kenney – Ranking 3rd in the Idaho All Time Money List, Kenney has so far won $972k in poker games. His best All Time Money List ranking was 173rd, but today, he ranks 2,353rd.
The Best Poker Site in Idaho
You can start playing Idaho poker online right now by joining BetOnline. This top casino offers a superb variety of games and tournaments and is able to support both new and experienced players. No matter whether you’re planning to play casually or wager high stakes, you’ll find bonuses and limits that match your preferences.
You can sign-up to BetOnline in just a few minutes. Whilst you can fund your account with USD, we recommend choosing a cryptocurrency to benefit from higher-value rewards and lower fees.