After falling for a record 123 consecutive days, for a total savings of $1.31 per gallon, gas prices have changed direction. The national average price for regular unleaded gasoline ticked upward to $2.05 per gallon Friday, up a penny from the previous week.
Hot Reads: This Week
- Mark Herring leads defense of healthcare affordability assistance before U.S. Supreme Court (2719)
- What’s wrong with Pat Forde writing about college basketball, and how to fix it (1750)
- Running through a thyroid condition: Young lady overcomes obstacle (1279)
- Vector Industries closes on Waynesboro property: Move to allow for significant expansion (1196)
- Bill allowing Uber, Lyft to operate in Virginia passes House committee (939)
- Virginia is first state in nation to become Employer of National Service (808)
UVA Sports Today: UVA vs. Duke Eve
It's almost upon us - the matchup of second-ranked UVA and fourth-ranked Duke. Augusta Free Press editor Chris Graham and sportswriter Jerry Carter were at the John Paul Jones Arena on Friday to talk with ESPN analysts Jay Williams and Seth Greenberg on the eve of the big game. Chris and Jerry talk about the interviews and about the game on UVA Sports Today.
- UVA Sports Today: UVA vs. Duke Eve