Farm income is down, according to Dr. Bob Young, chief economist for the American Farm Bureau Federation.
Most Read: Today
- Virginia Sports Hall of Fame announces Class of 2017 (1353)
- Live Blog: #16 UVA at Boston College in ACC basketball (919)
- Virginia Tech international affairs expert: Unexpected benefits to Trump’s presidency? (850)
- Virginia hospitals to lawmakers: 'Do no harm' on healthcare (831)
- VCU poll finds support for providing treatment over criminalization of opioid abuse (766)
Most Read: This Week
- Testy exchange between Sen. Kaine, DeVos in Senate confirmation hearing (7850)
- Fishburne Military School gearing up for Inaugural Parade with Wednesday march in Waynesboro (2804)
- UVA basketball walk-on Jeff Jones declared academically ineligible (2532)
- What's new in the world of battery technologies? (2189)
- Steve Landes proposes constitutional amendment on redistricting (2175)
- - Farm income is down, according to Dr. Bob Young, chief economist for the American Farm Bureau Federation.- A Senate committee killed a bill to strip provisions pertaining to specifications for facilities that provide women's health services.- The 23rd annual Virginia Festival of the Book (March 22-26, 2017) announces its schedule of programs.- Local Democrats will gather at the Augusta County Courthouse in Staunton on Saturday for a political rally.- Chris Graham talks about the upcoming inauguration, protests by Democrats and the whining of the news media in today's Street Knowledge podcast.
- A survey of farmers indicates biotechnology and genetically modified crops play an important role in farming more efficiently.- President-elect Donald Trump has chosen former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue as his secretary of agriculture.- A bill that adds travel to and from a job interview to the list of purposes for a restricted driver’s license soared through the Senate.
- - The UVA women’s basketball team (13-5, 2-3 ACC) picked up a 69-37 victory at Clemson (11-8, 0-6 ACC) on Thursday.- UVA basketball coach Tony Bennett talks with reporters after the Cavs' 71-54 win at Boston College Wednesday night.- Washington and Lee stole an 86-85 decision from the EMU men Wednesday, getting three free throws from Devin Kearns with 0.4 seconds left.- Acting UVA athletics director Jon Oliver announced today the resignation of head volleyball coach Dennis Hohenshelt.
- Chris Graham breaks down the 71-54 road win for #16 UVA at Boston College on this installment of Street Knowledge.- We focus on UVA basketball, so let’s start with the defense. How does .831 points per possession grab you?- Virginia Wesleyan defeated Bridgewater College 94-62 in ODAC men's basketball action.