Inside Architecture + Design at Virginia Tech is opening registration for its 19th year.
Most Read: Today
Most Read: This Week
- Game Notes: #14 UVA faces #10 UNC on Saturday (2398)
- Kaine to oppose Steve Mnuchin for Treasury (2315)
- Reality starting to sink in: Ceiling for this UVA team not as high as we thought (2141)
- Game Notes: No. 14 UVA hosts No. 12 Duke on Wednesday (1588)
- Postgame: UVA coach Tony Bennett on loss at Virginia Tech (1287)
- - Inside Architecture + Design at Virginia Tech is opening registration for its 19th year.- UVA Health System has named Jose Oberholzer, MD, as the new director of the Charles O. Strickler Transplant Center.- The U.S. Department of Energy selected Virginia as the recipient of a $500,000 grant to support commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) programs.- Two Virginia Tech professors are working to improve the aesthetics and utility of protective body panels for a robot.- Virginia House of Delegates Speaker William J. Howell (R-Stafford) announced Monday that he will not seek re-election.- The Shenandoah Valley Art Center, during the month of March, is presenting 40UNDER40, the annual exhibit for Virginia artists aged 40 and under.- Compass Shakespeare Ensemble will present a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- Experts broadly agree that mosquito nets are one of the best tools in the fight against malaria.- Correcting treatable causes of tinnitus (i.e. ear wax build-up, allergy, infection, syphilis) often will improve the condition.- Chemical pollutants in the environment can have wide-ranging detrimental effects on human health.- New, enhanced features are now available for job seekers and Virginia businesses through the Virginia Workforce Connection.- A portion of Route 639 (Wayne Avenue) in Stuarts Draft is scheduled to be closed Feb. 21-March 3
- - Miami finished out OT on an 11-2 run to knock off #18 UVA, 54-48, Monday night.- The top-ranked UVA men's tennis team (9-0) won the title at the 2017 ITA National Men's Team Indoor Championship.- Wake Forest sophomore John Collins has been named the ACC Basketball Player of the Week.- No. 14 UVA (18-8, 8-6 ACC) hosts Miami (18-8, 8-6 ACC) on Monday. Tipoff for the Big Monday contest at John Paul Jones Arena is set for 7 p.m. on ESPN.- Chris Graham looks ahead to the Malcolm Brogdon tribute and tonight's UVA-Miami ACC hoops game.- The University of Virginia announced today (Feb. 20) that Craig Littlepage has resumed his full-time duties as the UVA director of athletics.- The top-ranked UVA men's tennis team (8-0) defeated No. 5 North Carolina (11-1) 4-0 on Sunday.
- Shortstop Cam Locklear belted two home runs, powering Liberty to an 8-1 victory over The Citadel.- Four members of the Virginia wrestling team won championships at the U.S. Collegiate Championships.- George Mason tallied 17 hits, including four home runs, en route to a 21-1 win over the VMI Keydets.- The UVA women’s basketball team (18-9, 7-7 ACC) won its third-straight game, defeating Virginia Tech (16-11, 3-11 ACC), 63-55.- The No. 16 UVA baseball team scored nine unanswered runs over the last three innings to rally from a 6-0 deficit and defeat Kansas, 9-6.- No. 14 UVA (18-8, 8-6 ACC) hosts Miami (18-8, 8-6 ACC) on Monday, Feb. 20.