- Project GROWS bringing produce to Staunton City Schools Thursday, 7:39 am
- Virginia State Police to honor Trooper Nathan-Michael W. Smith Thursday, 6:35 am
- Comprehensive TV packages announced for Conference USA Thursday, 12:10 am
- SCC sets lower fuel rate for Dominion Virginia Power Thursday, 12:00 am
Most Read: Today
- Crowdsourcing initiative to map broadband access in Virginia (816)
- Robert Hurt: House focused on national debt (706)
- Virginia Tech enables unmanned aircraft testing to survey energy corridors, study long-distance flights (696)
- Warner, Kaine on Senate vote to repeal USDA catfish inspection program (669)
- Research team begins to bridge gap between intellectual disability, molecular function (635)
Most Read: This Week
- Man arrested in Waynesboro on felony theft, drug charges (9113)
- Why does Donald Trump think we should renegotiate Paris climate agreement? (2705)
- Richmond activists blow the whistle on Dominion greenwashing at Riverrock (2435)
- AFSP, Wayne Theatre present Dead Poets Society, health fair (1456)
- 2016 Out of the Darkness Walk Kickoff set for May 26 (1420)
News- Project GROWS, a non-profit educational farm for youth located in Augusta County, announces spring in-school tastings for Staunton City Schools.- The Virginia State Police will honor those public safety professionals who have given the ultimate sacrifice in their service to the Commonwealth.- The State Corporation Commission has established a lower fuel rate for Dominion Virginia Power that will be effective for usage on July 1.
- An amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act directs the president to elevate Cyber Command to a unified combatant command.- A Senate committee approved a proposal from Mark Warner and Rand Paul to empower federal workers to identify and cut down on unnecessary federal spending.- The House Judiciary Committee approved H.R. 5203, the Visa Integrity & Security Act of 2016 (VISA Act).
- Hillary Clinton released the following statement after earning the endorsement of the United Autoworkers.- An area of showers and thunderstorms near the Bahamas has the potential to develop into a tropical system during Memorial Day weekend.- A limited number of single day tickets to the fourth annual Red Wing Roots Music Festival have been released for purchase.
- Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association leadership delivered testimony in opposition to the proposed merger of Anthem Inc. and Cigna Corporation.- Virginia Organizing leaders stress the importance of addressing concerns about the Anthem-Cigna mega-merger.- Suicide is one of the 10 leading causes of death in the United States, and it's preventable. Nine out of 10 people who die by suicide have a diagnosable mental health condition, like depression.
- Del. Steve Landes was named to the new Joint Committee on the Future of Public Elementary and Secondary Education in the Commonwealth.- Half of North Carolina voters back the repeal of the controversial HB2 bill that codifies discrimination against LGBTs, women and religious groups.- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention presents Talk Saves Lives, a presentation to learn the risk and warning sides of suicide.
Sports- Conference USA has reached a new multi-year agreement for a comprehensive national television package with four leading outlets.- UVA alum Tyler Wilson had a quality start for the Orioles, but a Luis Valbuena solo homer was the difference in a 4-3 Houston win.- Lynchburg dropped the second game of the series to the Wilmington Blue Rocks, 9-6, at City Stadium Wednesday night.
- The Potomac Nationals struck for two early home runs, which were good enough to knock off the Salem Red Sox 5-2 on Wednesday.- Andrew Suarez hurled seven innings to pace the Squirrels (14-31) to a 11-2 rout over Binghamton on Wednesday.- Great news for wrestling fans: WWE is splitting its roster again, and beginning July 19, Smackdown will air live on Tuesday nights.
- Steven Matz gave up four hits in eight scoreless innings to lift the New York Mets to a 2-0 win over the Washington Nationals on Wednesday.- The No. 7-ranked UVA baseball team opens play in the ACC Baseball Championship at 11 a.m. Thursday when it takes on No. 12 Clemson.- The Atlantic 10 Conference has approved an extension for the Richmond Coliseum to host the 2017 and 2018 A-10 Women’s Basketball Championships.
Your One-Stop Media ShopAugusta Free Press LLC provides clients in the Shenandoah Valley and Central Virginia and beyond with marketing and PR solutions including web design, magazine/brochure, TV/radio, social media and overall marketing campaign design and implementation.
AdvertiseGet information on readership and advertising online with us.
AFP ClassesAugusta Free Press offers a series of hour-long classes on website design, marketing strategy, social media, event planning and more.
Web DesignYou want a new website, but don’t have the first clue as to how to build one. That’s our job. We take care of all facets of web design – visual design, layout design and content development. Get your business online for as little as $1,299. We take care of all facets of web design – visual design, layout design and content development.
Graphic DesignWhether you need a fresh business card design, rack card, ad, flyer or full magazine design, we can help with all your graphic-design needs.
Marketing/PRAugusta Free Press manages advertising campaigns for small- and medium-sized businesses across Virginia. You don’t need to hire a full-time marketing coordinator. Bring the experience of the Augusta Free Press team to work for you – for a fraction of the cost.
Search Engine OptimizationThe prettiest website in the world is like a tree falling in the forest with no one there to hear it. If your website hasn’t been search engine optimized, no one is going to see it or hear it – and it’s not going to work for you.
Video/AudioWeb videos, TV and radio commercials, DVDs – Augusta Free Press LLC has you covered when it comes to video and audio production.
Book PublishingAugusta Free Press Publishing has produced books in-house and assisted more than 17 authors with book publishing and production services since 2003. Whether you need a cover, layout, or need help from start to finish, we are here to help!
Inside AFP- The marketing rollout behind the grand opening of Stable Craft Brewing Co. was several months in the making.- Stable Craft Brewing, an Augusta County destination craft brewery, is online with a new website from Augusta Free Press.- Bed and Breakfasts of the Historic Shenandoah Valley has a new website produced by Augusta Free Press.- Augusta Free Press has produced a spot that will run on WVPT-Virginia's Public Television promoting the Wayne Theatre.- Precision Locksmith Winchester, which provides commercial and restricted key services. is online with a new website from Augusta Free Press.- The God and Country Music TV show hosted by Tim Spears has a new website built by Augusta Free Press.- Augusta Free Press recently produced a series of videos for Vector Industries highlighting the array of services offered by the Waynesboro-based company.
Today Visit: 33009
Week Visit: 875983
Month Visit: 3510911
Year Visit: 46010781