The Staunton City Council meetings on Thursday, August 28, 2014, will be relocated from City Hall to the auditorium at Robert E. Lee High School, 1200 North Coalter Street, Staunton, Virginia.
What Can AFP Do For You?
- Stretch your advertising dollars: Hire a marketing pro from Augusta Free Press
Get your business online for as little as $1,299
You’ve tried those so-called free websites, but you got what you paid for. Then you got a quote from a professional web developer: who won’t even talk to you for less than $5,000. If you can’t do it for free, and you don’t want it to cost an arm and a leg, how do you get a leg up on your competitors on the web? With Augusta Free Press, you can get your business working for you online for as little as $1,299.
- Augusta Free Press announces Fall 2014 web, marketing, advertising classes
More Recent News
- Helene Wecker wins VCU Cabell First Novelist Award for ‘The Golem and the Jinni’ Friday, 12:32 am
- Waynesboro Police make arrest in vandalism Friday, 12:20 am
- Climate activists to launch road to the People’s Climate March Friday, 12:16 am
- Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission celebrates 45th year Friday, 12:05 am
- Governor McAuliffe launches inaugural #DatathonChallenge Thursday, 11:14 pm
- Local Zinga! takes cause to the max with hiring decisions Thursday, 10:58 pm
AFP Editor Chris Graham
Chris Graham: Beef with #IceBucketChallenge?
So you’ve got an issue with the viral #iceBucketChallenge videos in your Facebook feed. Everybody’s doin’ it, and that’s your issue. People are such lemmings. They’re not doing it for the right reasons. They’re just doin’ it to be cool. It’s not about raising money for ALS. It’s just people wanting to be trendy.
- Chris Graham: Beef with #IceBucketChallenge?
- AFP’s Crystal Graham takes the ALS #IceBucketChallenge
Baseball great Mike Torrez dishes on MLB, ’77 Series, Lucky Bucky
Mike Torrez is the Ralph Branca of his generation. Like Branca, who gave up the Shot Heard ‘Round the World, the Bobby Thomson “Giants win the pennant” homer in a 1951 National League playoff, Torrez, who won 185 big-league games in 18 seasons, including two in the 1977 World Series as a New York Yankee, will forever be remembered for the one that got away.
- Wayne Theatre fundraising effort still $257K short
River City Radio Hour retreats to Main Street United Methodist
Ever mindful that change in the climate and with an eye on the forecast for Friday, August 22, the Wayne Theatre Alliance has reluctantly announced that the Radio Hour season opener will be moved from the street in front of the Wayne Theatre to the Fellowship Hall of the Main Street United Methodist Church in Waynesboro.
- Free screening of Freedom Riders at Virginia Historical Society
Top 10 Most Read Posts
- Bob Marshall: Appeals court decision on marriage case flies in face of Supreme Court (4029)
- SummerSlam Hits and Misses: Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Stephanie-Brie-Nikki (2797)
- Should the Washington Redskins change their name? (2420)
- President signs V-A overhaul bill with Sen. Warner's technology inititaive (1795)
- UVA football sees UCLA game as chance to shock the world (1584)
- Bob McDonnell trial: Yeah, he’s done (1519)
- Mike London on the hot seat: Uncertainty impacts UVA football (1447)
- USDA announces $25M to turn commodities into value-added products (1425)
- The last thing we need is another nWo reunion (1311)
- Greyson Lambert: Ready to lead UVA football to turnaround season? (1284)
AFPBusiness.com offers graphic design, website design, SEO, social media, book publishing, marketing, public relations, video and audio for your business. Classes available.
Waynesboro Downtown Development is leading
an effort to locate an informational kiosk
promoting Downtown Waynesboro
business and events in the heart
of the downtown district.
Make a donation.
A fun place to be healthy!
Chrissy Johnston, chief executive officer of the Waynesboro-based Vector Industries, takes you on a tour to show you what Vector can do for your business.
Visit Vector's Website.