Virginia Organizing released on Wednesday a report authored by the Alliance for a Just Society detailing the living wage “job gap” in Virginia and the case for Medicaid expansion in Virginia. This is the 15th year the report has been produced.
Most Read This Week
- Chris Graham: Forget Mike London, change needs to come in the culture at UVa. (2096)
- Chris Graham: Mike London stocks the cupboard for his successor (1958)
- Chris Graham: UVa. football actually does know how to beat Virginia Tech (815)
- Job status of Mike London appears secure despite 2-10 campaign (786)
- Chris Graham: Tech fans serenade Virginia with 'Ten More Years!' chant (778)
- This one goes to 10: Virginia Tech wins slugfest with UVa., 16-6 (771)
- Postgame Blog: #UVavsVirginiaTech football (764)
- Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival has new website produced by Augusta Free Press
Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging has new website produced by Augusta Free Press
Augusta Free Press has rebuilt the website for the Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging. AFP worked with SAAA to achieve a custom redesign of the existing website, which features detailed information on the nonprofit organization that provides high quality services and opportunities that enhance the dignity and independence of seniors.
- Augusta Health renews marketing relationship with Augusta Free Press
- Show Your Joe Boxer: Waynesboro Family YMCA riffs on viral video
- New website for Blue Ridge Driving School produced by Augusta Free Press
- Augusta Free Press produces video commercial for Rawhide Productions’ Stayin’ Country Concert Tour
- Augusta Free Press launches campaign website for House candidate Sam Rasoul
- New Augusta Free Press video puts Vector Industries business in the spotlight
Recent AFP News
- Chris Graham: McAuliffe, the inaugural and lobbying dollars
- Medicaid expansion and Virginia’s job gap
- Ken Plum: Mental health needs going unmet
Risk manager offers steps to better market crops, livestock
Mark Gold told farmers attending a Dec. 3 risk management workshop that he could help them better market their livestock and crops in an ever-changing market. Gold, who is president, CEO and managing partner of Top Third Ag Marketing, spoke on “Get What’s Coming to You: Risk Management for Every Farmer.”
Richmond gives green light to traffic cameras
Red light traffic cameras are now live and operational in the City of Richmond, and drivers that violate a red light traffic signal at the intersection of Hull Street Road and Elkhardt Road will be subject to a $50 citation. This is the first red light camera for the city, but will likely not be the last.
Waynesboro Senior Center presents Thursday Night BingoThe solution to federal cuts that have taken a chunk of money from the Valley Program for Aging Services budget – “Bingo!”
Breakfast with SantaFamilies in the Waynesboro-Augusta County area can get an early meeting with Santa Claus on Saturday, Dec. 14, 8-10 a.m. at the Waynesboro Family YMCA.
AFPBusiness.com offers graphic design, website design, SEO, social media, book publishing, marketing, public relations, video and audio for your business. Classes available.
A fun place to be healthy!
Visit Vector Industries
Chrissy Johnston, director of sales and marketing at Vector Industries, takes you on a tour of Vector, based in Waynesboro, Va., to show you what Vector can do for your business in terms of assembly, packaging, manufacturing and more. Video produced by Augusta Free Press. More on Vector Industries online at VectorIndustries.org.