U.S. Sens. Mark Warner (D-VA) and Tim Kaine (D-VA) today cosponsored the introduction of The Virginia Outer Continental Shelf Energy Production Act of 2013. The legislation would expand American offshore energy production with a revised five-year leasing plan, and provide revenue sharing.
AFP Business Partners
More AFP Business Partner News
- WSVA to feature Waynesboro Generals Game of the Week
- Waynesboro Generals to host Stuarts Draft Diamondbacks in May 29 exhibition game
- Shawn Michaels to meet fans in Waynesboro, Va., with Top Rope Pro Wrestling
- Jeff Fife: Sign up for the June 2 Tri for the Y
- Video: Augusta Health named a Top 100 Hospital
- Tim Kaine talks up Troop Talent Act
- Sens. Warner, Kaine submit legislation to expand offshore energy leases
- Virginia approved to begin offering coordinated healthcare for Medicare-Medicaid enrollees
- Mark Warner, Rob Portman reintroduce bipartisan DATA Act
- Women's Strike Force ready to inject itself into Virginia elections
Homewood Suites by Hilton coming to Charlottesville
Ground was broken today for a new Homewood Suites by Hilton at 2036 India Road. Scheduled to be completed in April 2014, the upscale extended-stay hotel will be a four-story, 110,000 square-foot facility. The Hotel will have 149 studio and one-bedroom suites all with living areas and full kitchens. The facility will also offer a fully-equipped fitness center, indoor pool & spa, sports court, 24-hour executive business center and flexible meeting space.
From Idea to Market workshop offered
A workshop for area businesses interested in learning more about increasing their customer base through innovation commercialization is being offered 8:30 – 11:30am Thursday May 30 at the Augusta County Government Center in Verona. Those who attend will learn the steps to Innovation Excellence, from encouraging idea generation to taking a product or process innovation to the marketplace.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton coming to Charlottesville
- Sam Caucci: Small businesses continue to face challenges
- Chris Graham: The most important page on the Internet
- Harrisonburg Redevelopment and Housing Authority signs 34 kW solar agreement with Secure Futures
- Waynesboro fares well in Best of Virginia voting
- AAA: Gas prices rising heading into Memorial Day weekend
- Karen Hurt Named New Director at Waynesboro Senior Center
Farm Market Fresh for Seniors
The Farm Market Fresh for Seniors program will be held in the SAW Region again this year. This program gives eligible older adults $40 in coupons to purchase fresh, locally grown fruits, vegetables, and cut herbs at the Staunton, Verona, and Waynesboro Farmer’s Markets this summer. In addition to supporting senior nutrition, the program also supports local farmers and farmers’ markets.
More Senior News
JMU baseball tops Delaware 9-6 to advance in CAA Tournament
Senior catcher Bradley Shaban (Midlothian, Va./Cosby) drove in four runs, including a two-run home run to break a 4-4 tie in the sixth inning as James Madison defeated Delaware 9-6 in game two of the 2013 Colonial Athletic Association Baseball Championship on Thursday morning at Eagle Field at Veterans Memorial Park.
- Weekend Watchdog: Race day
- JMU baseball tops Delaware 9-6 to advance in CAA Tournament
Tri for the YSunday, June 2, Waynesboro, Va.
Parrott OrthodonticsA fun, family atmosphere!
Jazz at the Gateway
Stephanie Nakasian, Veronica O'Brien and Bob Hallahan, Friday, May 31, 8 p.m.
Tickets: Click here.
AFPBusiness.com offers graphic design, website design, SEO, social media, book publishing, marketing, public relations, video and audio for your business. Classes available.
© 2002-2013 Augusta Free Press LLC | P.O. Box 1193, Waynesboro, Va. 22980 | 540-949-6574