- First Lady Dorothy McAuliffe celebrates Arbor Day, Garden Day Saturday, 12:22 pm
- Bob Goodlatte: Protecting the Fourth Amendment in the Digital Age Saturday, 12:19 pm
- The Doo Wop Project Live at the Wayne Theatre Saturday, 10:35 am
- Environmental documentaries to binge-watch on Netflix? Saturday, 10:24 am
Most Read: Today
- McAuliffe announces successful Virginia wine promotion, new exports to UK (750)
- Rocky Mtn Fire 2016: Destruction or a new beginning (626)
- Warner introduces bill to eliminate unnecessary government reports (605)
- Traffic Alert: Park to Park Half Marathon (604)
- Kaine renews call for authorization of war on ISIL (532)
Most Read: This Week
- How Clinton encouraged Obama’s biggest blunder (2938)
- What good does it do for fans to keep booing Roman Reigns? (2179)
- Architecture project receives national award for encouraging students to think inside the box (1554)
- AG Mark Herring comments on McAuliffe restoration of rights action (1445)
- What has been the environmental impact of the Volkswagen emissions cheating scandal? (1414)
News- First Lady Dorothy McAuliffe celebrated Arbor Day and Garden Day on Friday by planting three longleaf pine trees behind the Executive Mansion.- A lot has changed since 1986. Mail was sent with postage stamp, a search engine was called a library, “tweets” were the sounds made by birds.- An Inconvenient Truth, now a decade old, is hardly the last word in green documentaries anymore.
- VDOT will replace the traffic signal controller cabinet at the intersection of Route 631 and Route 1427 in Albemarle County.- VDOT has closed the right lane of northbound Interstate 81 for emergency bridge-deck repairs near mile marker 210 in Augusta County.- A contractor with the Virginia Department of Transportation will repave several on ramps to Interstate 64 in Albemarle County.
- Route 872 (Hightown Lane) is closed near the intersection with Route 619 (Simmers Valley Road) in the Linville area of Rockingham County.- We are in the midst of a shift in attitudes toward end-of-life healthcare. We are aware that too many suffer needlessly in their dying.- The Charlottesville Area Tree Stewards presented a plaque for the large Pin Oak on the front lawn of the Albemarle County Office Building.
Sports- The Atlantic Coast Conference had 14 players chosen in the first three rounds and two days of the 2016 NFL Draft, including 10 draftees on Friday night.- The ETSU Bucs scored the final 13 runs of the game, en route to a 15-5 win over the VMI Keydets in Southern Conference baseball.- When the Potomac Nationals (13-8 Overall, 3-7 Home) score the first run of the game, things work out well.
- A three-run Nolan Reimold homer lifted the Baltimore Orioles to a 6-3 win over the Chicago White Sox Friday night.- Lynchburg scored three runs on three hits in the third, but a four-run frame for Carolina in the sixth was the difference.- The Richmond Flying Squirrels (8-14) took the Harford Yard Goats (17-4) into eleven innings on Friday, but fell 4-3.
Events- The Doo Wop Project Live is coming to the Historic Wayne Theatre/Ross Performing Arts Center in downtown Waynesboro.- The Park to Park Half Marathon will take place on Saturday in Waynesboro and Augusta County.- The National Dance Week Foundation vand Charlottesville Parks and Recreation invite the community to attend the Celebration of Dance event.
- George Bernard Shaw’s Arms and the Man is debuting Wednesday night at the Blackfriars Playhouse in Staunton.- Tens of thousands dead, almost 100,000 wounded. The story of the bloodiest battle in U.S. military history has drama and thrills.- The Shenandoah Valley Art Center, during the month of May, is featuring the paintings of Andrew Davis.
Your One-Stop Media ShopAugusta Free Press LLC provides clients in the Shenandoah Valley and Central Virginia and beyond with marketing and PR solutions including web design, magazine/brochure, TV/radio, social media and overall marketing campaign design and implementation.
AdvertiseGet information on readership and advertising online with us.
AFP ClassesAugusta Free Press offers a series of hour-long classes on website design, marketing strategy, social media, event planning and more.
Web DesignYou want a new website, but don’t have the first clue as to how to build one. That’s our job. We take care of all facets of web design – visual design, layout design and content development. Get your business online for as little as $1,299. We take care of all facets of web design – visual design, layout design and content development.
Graphic DesignWhether you need a fresh business card design, rack card, ad, flyer or full magazine design, we can help with all your graphic-design needs.
Marketing/PRAugusta Free Press manages advertising campaigns for small- and medium-sized businesses across Virginia. You don’t need to hire a full-time marketing coordinator. Bring the experience of the Augusta Free Press team to work for you – for a fraction of the cost.
Search Engine OptimizationThe prettiest website in the world is like a tree falling in the forest with no one there to hear it. If your website hasn’t been search engine optimized, no one is going to see it or hear it – and it’s not going to work for you.
Video/AudioWeb videos, TV and radio commercials, DVDs – Augusta Free Press LLC has you covered when it comes to video and audio production.
Book PublishingAugusta Free Press Publishing has produced books in-house and assisted more than 17 authors with book publishing and production services since 2003. Whether you need a cover, layout, or need help from start to finish, we are here to help!
Inside AFP- Stable Craft Brewing, an Augusta County destination craft brewery, is online with a new website from Augusta Free Press.- Bed and Breakfasts of the Historic Shenandoah Valley has a new website produced by Augusta Free Press.- Augusta Free Press has produced a spot that will run on WVPT-Virginia's Public Television promoting the Wayne Theatre.- Precision Locksmith Winchester, which provides commercial and restricted key services. is online with a new website from Augusta Free Press.- The God and Country Music TV show hosted by Tim Spears has a new website built by Augusta Free Press.- Augusta Free Press recently produced a series of videos for Vector Industries highlighting the array of services offered by the Waynesboro-based company.- Augusta Free Press has launched a new website for the historic Wayne Theatre Ross Performing Arts Center in Waynesboro.