Augusta County announced Thursday the launch of a Small Business Loan Fund. The county’s first-ever loan fund program is aimed at boosting ideas to reality by supporting entrepreneurial activity in our growing economy.
- Virginia Tech student designs social media site to match young minds with scientific mentors (1512)
- Equal pay: Something every business should aspire to (978)
- JMU's Lauren Okafor taken by Atlanta Dream in third round of WNBA Draft (871)
- What can I do for Earth Day 2015? (720)
- Jenny Black to lead one of the region’s largest Planned Parenthood affiliates (700)
- Virginia enacts first sex trafficking law (642)
- Virginia Tech students create field of dreams for Clifton Forge Little League (635)
AFP Business News
- Businesses: Sponsor the back-to-back Valley League Baseball champs!
- AFP web clients: Test the mobile-friendliness of your website for $99
- Sponsor Augusta Free Press coverage of NASCAR at Richmond International Raceway
- Reserve space now for May/June 2015 issue of Augusta Free Press: The Magazine, and save 10%
- You need to advertise: But can you cut through the ad rep crap and get what you need?
- Marketing on a budget: Yes, it can be done
News, Politics, Business
- Robert E. Lee High School holds blood drive
- In the pool at the Waynesboro YMCA with the Water Divas
Quinnipiac Poll: Virginia voters back McAuliffe, Warner, Kaine; oh, and also medical and recreational pot
Why Quinnipiac lumped all this together into a single news release is not the issue here. The university sent out a news release on Tuesday telling us that Virginia voters approve of the jobs being done by Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe and Sens. Mark Warner and Tim Kaine, and then also that those same voters back the legalization of medical and recreational marijuana.
UVA Football Notebook: Spring Game News, Notes
The UVA offense seemed to be hitting early, getting a touchdown on its first drive, a 12-yard TD pass from Greyson Lambert to UNC transfer T.J. Thorpe, a nice 27-yard scoring pass from Matt Johns to Brendan Marshall, a couple of long field goals from Ian Frye and Dylan Sims. But that was it, as the only points in the second half of the abbreviated spring game came on a defensive touchdown.
- Treavor Norman homers, no-hits Massanutten in 14-0 Fishburne win
- Stand With Tolbert: A-Rod protest from O’s fan goes viral
- UVA Football Notebook: Spring Game News, Notes
Podcast: AFP editor Chris Graham talks Virginia politics, busy sports weekend on WREL
Augusta Free Press editor Chris Graham talks with host Jim Bresnahan on WREL-1450 in Lexington, Va., discussing the Virginia General Assembly veto session, the decision by former Rockbridge County High School star Andrew Rowsey to transfer from UNC-Asheville, and a busy sports weekend including the UVA spring football game.
- Podcast: The 2015 debut of Play Ball!
- Podcast: AFP editor Chris Graham talks Virginia politics, busy sports weekend on WREL