Mary Baldwin College, the Staunton Creative Community Fund and Valley Conservation Council are joining forces to co-host Staunton’s Food Day Festivities on Thursday from 4-7 pm at Mary Baldwin’s Hunt Dining Hall.
- Canada is never going to be the same: Really?
- Most deer-related crashes in Virginia occur in fall
Poll: Virginians concerned about proposed EPA power plant regulations
Polling data released Wednesday by the Partnership for a Better Energy Future, a coalition of 175 members representing nearly every segment of the U.S. economy, finds that voters in Virginia and nationwide have major concerns about the EPA’s proposed greenhouse gas regulations and are unwilling to pay even a dollar more for energy in exchange for these new rules.
- Marietta McCarty: Responsibility for Hannah Graham (39912)
- Robert Hurt: Protecting health, safety in face of Ebola crisis requires more action (1608)
- Washington signs linebacker Everette Brown (1133)
- Matt Johns: Is he the guy at quarterback for UVA football? (926)
- Augusta County woman charged in revenge porn case (855)
- Bitcoin: The next unwinnable war? (769)
- Trex CEO to present ‘Lessons Learned the Hard Way’ (728)
- Hell in a Cell Preview: Can Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose carry a pay-per-view? (725)
Augusta Free Press editor Chris Graham talks sports on WREL-1450AM
Augusta Free Press editor Chris Graham joins host Jim Bresnahan on WREL-1450AM to talk sports. Chris reviews the weekend in ACC football, with a focus on the Virginia Cavaliers and Virginia Tech Hokies. Then looking ahead to this week, the focus turns toward whether either team can stay alive in the ACC Coastal Division race. The NFL, the World Series and more wrap us up.
- Waynesboro YMCA teaches youngster how to swim
UVA Sports Today: Can the ‘Hoos get a must-win against UNC?
Host Jeff Fife and Augusta Free Press editor Chris Graham bring you UVA Sports Today. This week's podcast begins with a look back at Virginia's 20-13 loss at Duke. Jeff questions Chris on his column referencing quarterback Matt Johns as the man at UVA and questions whether Greyson Lambert needs to be reinserted as the starter.
- Fishburne postgrad basketball in preseason Top 10
- Augusta Free Press editor Chris Graham talks sports on WREL-1450AM
AFPBusiness.com offers graphic design, website design, SEO, social media, book publishing, marketing, public relations, video and audio for your business. Classes available.
Recent AFP News
- Interesting road test: UVA basketball opens at JMU Thursday. 12:16 pm
- Canada is never going to be the same: Really? Thursday. 10:05 am
- Weekend Watchdog: World Series heads to the Left Coast Thursday. 9:29 am
- Route 29 Advisory Panel meets Thursday Thursday. 8:06 am
- VMI Basketball: Times announced for 2014-15 All-Military Classic Thursday. 7:58 am
- Men Who Quilt featured at Virginia Quilt Museum Thursday. 7:38 am
- UVA women's basketball picked 10th in preseason ACC poll Thursday. 7:19 am
- Downtown Safe Halloween returns to nTelos Wireless Pavilion Thursday. 6:44 am