The Greater Augusta Regional Chamber of Commerce announced Wednesday that Gov. Bob McDonnell will be the keynote speaker at the Celebration Reception being held at McKee Foods in Stuarts Draft on Monday, Dec. 9, in recognition of the Chamber’s achievement of winning the Governor’s Bowl Food & Fund Challenge.
Most Read This Week
- Chris Graham: Mike London stocks the cupboard for his successor (2244)
- Chris Graham: UVa. football actually does know how to beat Virginia Tech (852)
- Chris Graham: Tech fans serenade Virginia with 'Ten More Years!' chant (811)
- Job status of Mike London appears secure despite 2-10 campaign (804)
- This one goes to 10: Virginia Tech wins slugfest with UVa., 16-6 (789)
- Mark Warner: Fix our bridges, roads and other infrastructure (788)
- Postgame Blog: #UVavsVirginiaTech football (785)
- Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival has new website produced by Augusta Free Press
Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging has new website produced by Augusta Free Press
Augusta Free Press has rebuilt the website for the Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging. AFP worked with SAAA to achieve a custom redesign of the existing website, which features detailed information on the nonprofit organization that provides high quality services and opportunities that enhance the dignity and independence of seniors.
- Augusta Health renews marketing relationship with Augusta Free Press
- Show Your Joe Boxer: Waynesboro Family YMCA riffs on viral video
- New website for Blue Ridge Driving School produced by Augusta Free Press
- Augusta Free Press produces video commercial for Rawhide Productions’ Stayin’ Country Concert Tour
- Augusta Free Press launches campaign website for House candidate Sam Rasoul
- New Augusta Free Press video puts Vector Industries business in the spotlight
Recent AFP News
Gov. McDonnell unveils mew Virginia is for Lovers license plate
Gov. Bob McDonnell unveiled today the new Virginia is for Lovers license plate, which will become the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles’ (DMV) standard-issue plate beginning in March 2014. McDonnell showcased the new plate for the first time during his remarks today at the Governor’s Transportation Conference, themed “Road to the Future."
- Applications for Conservation Stewardship Program due Jan. 17
AG’s office uses $245,000 taken from criminals to buy bulletproof vests for Virginia law enforcement
Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli gave a grant of $245,000 to buy bulletproof vests for local Virginia law enforcers who do not currently have them. He presented the funds to the Bedford County Sheriff's Office to help establish a program to provide protective equipment to law enforcement agencies that are unable to afford them for their own officers.
- Real Christmas trees are in
- RMH Heart and Vascular Center welcomes cardiothoracic surgeon Jerome McDonald
- Gov. McDonnell unveils mew Virginia is for Lovers license plate
Christmas story returns with Night of Miracles nativity village
After attracting more than 5,000 visitors last year to its site, the seventh annual Night of Miracles… A Journey to Bethlehem will run on the weekends of December 6, 7, 8 and 13, 14, 15 in Buena Vista. The interactive, walk-through, live nativity village is set on the hill behind Buena Vista Food Lion at Highway 60 East & Highway 608 South.
Wynonna and The Big Noise at The Paramount Theater
Wynonna and The Big Noise will perform at The Paramount Theater as part of their National Tour, A Simpler Christmas on Friday, Dec. 20, 2013 at 8 p.m. The "A Simpler Christmas" Tour will be an intimate and joyous performance that will showcase Wynonna's legendary voice in a set of inspirational Christmas favorites, plus some of her greatest hits.
- Christmas story returns with Night of Miracles nativity village
Waynesboro Senior Center presents Thursday Night BingoThe solution to federal cuts that have taken a chunk of money from the Valley Program for Aging Services budget – “Bingo!”
Breakfast with SantaFamilies in the Waynesboro-Augusta County area can get an early meeting with Santa Claus on Saturday, Dec. 14, 8-10 a.m. at the Waynesboro Family YMCA.
AFPBusiness.com offers graphic design, website design, SEO, social media, book publishing, marketing, public relations, video and audio for your business. Classes available.
A fun place to be healthy!
Visit Vector Industries
Chrissy Johnston, director of sales and marketing at Vector Industries, takes you on a tour of Vector, based in Waynesboro, Va., to show you what Vector can do for your business in terms of assembly, packaging, manufacturing and more. Video produced by Augusta Free Press. More on Vector Industries online at VectorIndustries.org.