Live Blog: UVA vs. Iowa State in the Sweet 16
Tipoff at United Center (21,223) is set for 7:10 p.m. ET.
Join Augusta Free Press editor Chris Graham on our live blog with game previews, game updates, commentary, analysis and more.
- The Virginia-Iowa State game will be televised on CBS and streamed online at NCAA.com (March Madness on Demand).
- The UVA-ISU game will be broadcast on the Virginia Sports Radio Network and Westwood One/NCAA Radio Network on Sirius (81) and XM (201).
- Live statistics will be located on VirginiaSports.com and Virginia Sports app.
Game Previews: UVA vs. Iowa State
- Virginia prepares for challenge of Iowa State’s Georges Niang
- Sweet 16: UVA, Iowa State will battle to dictate pace
- Virginia-Iowa State in the Sweet 16: One way it might go
- UVA, Iowa State both remember sting of NCAA Tournament exits
- Sweet 16: Mutual respect between Virginia, Iowa State
- The fourth-ranked Cavaliers are making their ninth NCAA Sweet 16 appearance (1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1989, 1993, 1995, 2014, 2016).
- Virginia meets Iowa State for the first time in the NCAA Tournament and fourth time overall.
- UVA ranks Nos. 1, 4 and 6 in the KenPom.com overall, adjusted defense and adjusted offense efficiency ratings, respectively.
- UVA ranks third nationally in scoring defense (59.5 ppg), seventh in field goal shooting (49.1%) and assist-to-turnover ratio (1.56), 10th in 3-point field goal shooting (40.8%), 16th in free throw shooting (75.4%) and tied for 18th in scoring margin (11.3).
All-Time in The NCAA Tournament
- Virginia is 27-19 all-time in 20 NCAA Tournament appearances.
- UVA is making its third consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance for the first time since 1993-95.
- Virginia earned its fifth No. 1 seed and second in the last three seasons.
- The Cavs have an 11-4 record as a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
- Virginia reached the NCAA Final Four in 1981 and 1984.
- The Cavaliers reached their eighth NCAA Regional semifinal appearance in 2014, losing 61-59 to Michigan State.
- Virginia head coach Tony Bennett is 8-5 all-time in the NCAA Tournament, including a 5-3 mark at UVA.
On The Horizon
- The Virginia-Iowa State winner advances to the Midwest Regional final against No. 10 seed Syracuse or No. 11 seed Gonzaga on Sunday, March 27.