UVa. basketball romps over NC State, 76-45
UVa. led 21-4 at the 11:14 first-half media timeout. Somehow, things then got worse for NC State. Virginia shot 60 percent in the first half and held the Wolfpack to 28.9 percent shooting for the game en route to an easy 76-45 win in Raleigh Saturday.
The Cavs (12-4, 3-0 ACC) have won each of their first three ACC games by double-digits, and this one was never in doubt. UVa. made 15 of its first 21 shots from the floor in bolting out to a 48-25 lead at the half, and the margin never got closer than 22 in the second half.
Desmond Lee and Ralston Turner each had 10 points for NC State, which got only four points on 1-of-9 shooting from TJ Warren, who came into the game averaging 23.5 points per game.
Virginia plays at #16 Duke on Monday night at 7 p.m.
Postgame audio from UVa. coach Tony Bennett
• Virginia has a three-game winning streak at NC State
• The Cavaliers have won six consecutive regular-season games against NC State
• UVa is 3-0 in the ACC for the first time since 2009-10
• The 31-point margin of victory marked a series best for UVa in Raleigh and was the second-highest under Tony Bennett (32 at Georgia Tech, Jan. 19, 2012) in ACC play
• The Cavaliers have won three consecutive games
• UVa shot 60 percent (18-of-30) from the floor in the first half, marking a season high for any half
• Virginia scored a season-high 48 first-half points
• The Cavaliers shot 83.3 percent (15-of-18) from the free throw line, marking a season high
• Mike Tobey (16 pts) reached double figures for the sixth time this season (13th career)
• Joe Harris (16 pts) reached double figures for the 10th time (79th career)
• Malcolm Brogdon (13 pts) scored in double figures for the ninth time this season (14th career) • Akil Mitchell had a game-high 12 rebounds
• London Perrantes had a game-high five assists
UVA Basketball Fans!
Dick Vitale on Team of Destiny: “This is a hoops story you will LOVE! Jerry and Chris capture the sensational and dramatic championship journey by Tony Bennett and his tenacious Cavalier team. UVA was Awesome Baby and so is this book!”
Ralph Sampson on Team of Destiny: “Jerry and Chris have lived and seen it all, even before my time. I highly recommend this book to every basketball fan across the globe. This story translates to all who know defeat and how to overcome it!”
Feedback from buyers: “Got the Book in the Mail Saturday, and could not put it down! Great read and great photography as well! Love all of the books I’ve received, but hands down, this is my favorite!” – Russell