The Harrisonburg Campus of American National University (www.an.edu; 540-432-0943), located at 1515 Country Club Road, will hold career fair and medical open house events on Tuesday, Oct. 28.
The events are free and open to the public.
- Medical Open House – noon to 3:30 p.m.
- Flu shots and blood pressure checks provided by Martin’s Pharmacy; blood sugar checks provided by ANU medical students and instructors
- Demonstrations and displays by Elkton Rescue Squad and Rockingham County Fire & Rescue
- Healthy hand-washing station
- Mock surgery demonstration by ANU surgical technology students
- Health resources available on diabetes management, first aid, hypertension, senior living, and more
- Contact director of health care education Christopher Weve at (540) 432-0943 or [email protected] for more information
- Career Fair – 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Participating employers will include: Team Nurse, Rockingham Family Physicians, Northwestern Mutual, Primerica Financial Services, Commonwealth One, Mary Kay, A-C Chiropractic, Inc., and more
- Résumé reviews, professionalism & interviewing workshops, and door prizes will be available
- A limited amount of booth space is still available free of charge to interested employers. Contact career center director Angela Carter at (540) 432-0943 or [email protected] for more information
The Harrisonburg Campus has been offering a career-oriented education to area students since 1989. Students may choose from among five bachelor’s degree, nine associate degree, and twelve diploma programs in business, information technology, and health care. Lifetime career counseling and placement assistance is provided to all American National University students and graduates.
Founded in 1886, American National University and National College are dedicated to the training and education of men and women for a full life and a successful career in a number of fields in business, information technology, and health care. ANU and National College offer more than 45 academic programs, including numerous master’s, bachelor’s, and associate degree programs, short-term diploma programs, English as a Second Language, and corporate training. Serving 31 communities through campus locations in Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana, as well as a growing online student body nationwide, ANU and National College currently serve approximately 7,000 students annually.