ODU’s Antonio Vaughan named to Paul Hornung Award Watch List
The Paul Hornung Award is given annually by the Louisville Sports Commission (LSC) to the most versatile player in major college football. The Award was created by the LSC in January 2010 with the support of the Golden Boy himself, Paul Hornung, a native and lifelong resident of Louisville and member of the College and Pro Football Halls of Fame.
A native of Ahoskie, N.C., Vaughan caught 60 passes last season for 843 yards while catching nine touchdown passes. He also rushed 28 times for 92 yards and a touchdown, with most of that coming from a 16 carry, 70-yard performance at Pittsburgh in which he started his first career game at running back.
In his career, Vaughan is second in school history with 167 receptions for 2,248 yards and 21 touchdown receptions. He also has 38 kickoff returns for 712 yards while returning 12 punts for 132 yards and a touchdown. In 2012, he returned a kick a career-best 83 yards in ODU’s thrilling 64-61 victory over New Hampshire, and later that season returned a punt 70 yards in the defeat of William and Mary.
The Paul Hornung Award was started in 2010 to recognize and reward versatile, high-level performers in major college football (Football Bowl Subdivision team member). Previous winners are LSU’s Odell Beckham, West Virginia’s Tavon Austin, Georgia’s Brandon Boykin and Stanford’s Owen Marecic.
2014 Watch List Selections
- Ameer Abdullah, Nebraska
- Nelson Agholor, Southern California
- Kenny Bell, Nebraska
- V’Angelo Bentley, Illinois
- Victor Bolden, Oregon State
- Tyler Boyd, Pittsburgh
- Shilique Calhoun, Michigan State
- B.J. Catalon, TCU
- Rashon Ceaser, Louisiana Monroe
- Stacy Coley, Miami (FL)
- James Conner, Pittsburgh
- Pharoh Cooper, South Carolina
- Jamison Crowder, Duke
- Stefon Diggs, Maryland
- Chris Dunkley, South Florida
- DeVon Edwards, Duke
- D.J. Foster, Arizona State
- Charles Gaines, Louisville
- Rannell Hall, Central Florida
- Scott Harding, Hawaii
- Justin Hardy, East Carolina
- Akeem Hunt, Purdue
- Myles Jack, UCLA
- Christion Jones, Alabama
- Jameon Lewis, Mississippi State
- Tommylee Lewis, Northern Illinois
- Tyler Lockett, Kansas State
- T.J. Logan, North Carolina
- Venric Mark, Northwestern
- Kevonte Martin-Manley, Iowa
- J.D. McKissic, Arkansas State
- Ty Montgomery, Stanford
- Khalfani Muhammad, California
- Marcus Murphy, Missouri
- Jamarcus Nelson, UAB
- Levi Norwood, Baylor
- Ryan Switzer, North Carolina
- Shaq Thompson, Washington
- Antonio Vaughan, Old Dominion
- Levonte “Kermit” Whitfield, Florida State
- Carlos Wiggins, New Mexico
- Kenny Williams, Texas Tech
- Shane Williams-Rhodes, Boise St.
- Myles Willis, Boston College
- Dontre Wilson, Ohio State
- Aaron Wimberly, Iowa St.
- Shane Wynn, Indiana
UVA Basketball Fans!
Dick Vitale on Team of Destiny: “This is a hoops story you will LOVE! Jerry and Chris capture the sensational and dramatic championship journey by Tony Bennett and his tenacious Cavalier team. UVA was Awesome Baby and so is this book!”
Ralph Sampson on Team of Destiny: “Jerry and Chris have lived and seen it all, even before my time. I highly recommend this book to every basketball fan across the globe. This story translates to all who know defeat and how to overcome it!”
Feedback from buyers: “Got the Book in the Mail Saturday, and could not put it down! Great read and great photography as well! Love all of the books I’ve received, but hands down, this is my favorite!” – Russell