Chris Graham will mark his 21st year in the media industry in 2016. An award-winning journalist and editor, Chris has also hosted local TV news programs, a syndicated sports talk show and served as the play-by-play announcer for a two-time championship winning summer college baseball team.
A 1994 graduate of the University of Virginia, Chris is the editor of AugustaFreePress.com, a daily news source based in Waynesboro, Va., that provides readers with in-depth coverage of news, sports, politics and culture in Virginia.
With a degree in political science from UVA, Chris has covered Virginia politics actively since 1997, conducting interviews with governors George Allen, Jim Gilmore, Mark Warner, Tim Kaine, Bob McDonnell and Terry McAuliffe, and political newsmakers including former Congressman Tom Perriello, UVA political-science professor Larry Sabato, ABC News White House correspondent Jonathan Karl and Fox Business host Lou Dobbs.
Other notable interview subjects have included author John Grisham, ESPN TV personality Dick Vitale, sportswriter and author John Feinstein, Weather Channel anchor Stephanie Abrams and musician Bruce Hornsby.
An author of five books, Chris also co-wrote a book on the history of University of Virginia basketball, Mad About U: Four Decades of Basketball at University Hall, which was published in 2006.
Chris has covered University of Virginia sports since 1995, and is a credentialed member of the press box and press row at UVA football, basketball and baseball games, covering the ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament, the NCAA Tournament and Virginia’s run to the Sweet Sixteen at Madison Square Garden in 2014, and also covering the UVA baseball team in the ACC Baseball Championship, Regionals and Super Regionals.
The former co-host of “ACC Nation,” a syndicated radio show that ran for four years, ending in 2007, Chris is currently a contributor to “The Mark Moses Show” on 95.9-The Fan in Melbourne, Fla., and “Country Club” with host Kris Neil on WKDW-900AM in Staunton, Va.
- Chris Graham breaks down the 71-54 road win for #16 UVA at Boston College on this installment of Street Knowledge. - Viewpoints explores research into the impact of sports-related concussions on young athletes. - Street Knowledge with Chris Graham talks more UVA basketball, and examines the Cavs' upcoming week in the ACC. - Chris Graham and Scott German break down #19 UVA’s 77-73 win at Clemson on Saturday in this installment of Street Knowledge.
- Chris Graham looks at the state of UVA football, with the clock ticking toward the 2020 Chick-fil-A Kickoff. Is three years enough time to get ready?
- You didn’t know this when you voted, but you made us partners with Donald Trump in the Trump Organization. - Chris Graham tries to assuage UVA basketball fans' concerns after the Cavs dropped in the national rankings this week. - Chris Graham and Scott German break down the 79-62 win for #11 UVA over Wake Forest in ACC basketball action on Sunday.
- Chris Graham looks at #11 UVA as the Cavs have fallen into a two-game losing streak in a topsy-turvy ACC basketball scene. - Chris Graham talks about the news that Tom Perriello is entering the 2017 Virginia Democratic Party governor race on this episode of Street Knowledge. - Staunton Augusta Waynesboro Habitat for Humanity executive director Lance Barton joins Viewpoints to talk about the non-profit's efforts to boost home ownership in the Greater Augusta region.
- Chris Graham tries to whittle down UVA coach Tony Bennett's 10-man rotation to eight, and comes up with the ideal Cavs starting 5. - Chris Graham and Scott German provide analysis and commentary on the 60-58 upset win for #20 Florida State at #12 UVA on Saturday. - Street Knowledge with Chris Graham looks ahead to Saturday's ACC hoops matchup with #12 UVA and #20 FSU, and then reviews a recent article about the inner business workings of WWE. - Chris Graham and Scott German break down the 61-53 win for #12 UVA at #6 Louisville on this episode of Street Knowledge.
- Augusta County Sheriff Donald Smith joins Viewpoints to talk about his first year in office and his priorities for 2017. - Chris Graham goes through his top 10 stories from the world of pro wrestling in this episode of Street Knowledge. - Chris Graham reviews the top 10 UVA sports stories of 2016 on today's Street Knowledge. And yes, it's OK to call this clickbait. - Chris Graham interviews Brian Leung, the editor of the Streaking The Lawn blog, and the author of the book 100 Things Virginia Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die. - State Del. Steve Landes joins Viewpoints to talk about the upcoming 2017 Virginia General Assembly session. - Chris Graham talks UVA basketball with Scott German and raising money for the Salvation Army with Jason Perdieu. - Chris Graham talks Electoral College, the WWE Roadblock PPV, and two weeks in DC.