Virginia Health Information publishes 2019 Industry Report
Virginia Health Information has published its 2019 Industry Report detailing the efficiency and productivity of hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers and nursing homes licensed in Virginia.
Included in the Industry Report is data on charity care, staffing levels, profit margins and more than a dozen other utilization and efficiency indicators across five performance categories: charges, costs, productivity and utilization, financial viability and community support.
Published every year, the report gives consumers and purchasers access to information about the efficiency, costs and performance of facilities’ services.
Michael Lundberg, VHI’s Executive Director notes that “the Industry Report includes information on how often hospitals treat 39 different medical and surgical Service Lines” – included are orthopedic, obstetric, transplant, psychiatric, cancer care, open heart surgery and over 30 other categories detailing each hospital’s entire book of business.
- Riverside Walter Reed Hospital
- Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
- Novant Health UVA Health System Haymarket Medical Center
- Sovah Health-Danville
- Johnston Memorial Hospital
- Total amount of charity care in Virginia increased approximately 14% from 2017 – 2018
- 1/3 of acute hospitals in the Southwestern region of Virginia are now in the Top 25% for Indicator #17 (charity care, bad debt and taxes)
- Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital, LewisGale Hospital Montgomery and Valley Health Warren Memorial Hospital have all consistently been ranked in the Top 25% (for Indicator #17) since 2008
UVA Basketball Fans!
Dick Vitale on Team of Destiny: “This is a hoops story you will LOVE! Jerry and Chris capture the sensational and dramatic championship journey by Tony Bennett and his tenacious Cavalier team. UVA was Awesome Baby and so is this book!”
Ralph Sampson on Team of Destiny: “Jerry and Chris have lived and seen it all, even before my time. I highly recommend this book to every basketball fan across the globe. This story translates to all who know defeat and how to overcome it!”
Feedback from buyers: “Got the Book in the Mail Saturday, and could not put it down! Great read and great photography as well! Love all of the books I’ve received, but hands down, this is my favorite!” – Russell