Six Virginia airports to share $4.94 million to improve services
The Virginia Aviation Board approved nearly $5 million to support construction, maintenance and system enhancement projects at six airports across Virginia. The eight projects that were funded ranged from $2.64 million to construct a new general aviation terminal building at Warrenton-Fauquier Airport to $11,333 to replace the aircraft fueling system credit card reader at Tappahannock-Essex County Airport.
The six other projects receiving funding are:
- Tazewell County Airport $80,000 for easement acquisition services – obstruction removal
- Richmond International Airport $2,052,454 for taxiway rehabilitation/reconstruction
- Accomack County Airport $54,400 for easement acquisition services and obstruction removal,. and $25,600 for runway turnaround (environmental)
- Hummel Field (Middlesex County) $37,600 for airport development feasibility study
- Warrenton-Fauquier Airport $41,880 (additional) for terminal area site preparation and Route 610 improvements
“The Virginia Aviation Board awarded almost $5 million to fund critical projects that will enable these six airports to better serve their customers and to attract new business,” said Mark Flynn, director of the Virginia Department of Aviation. “Virginia’s 66 airports are gateways to the nation’s air transportation system and connect the Commonwealth to the global economy,” he said.
Aviation is a $23 billion economic engine that supports 146,660 jobs and brings in more than 10 million visitors annually to Virginia.
UVA Basketball Fans!
Dick Vitale on Team of Destiny: “This is a hoops story you will LOVE! Jerry and Chris capture the sensational and dramatic championship journey by Tony Bennett and his tenacious Cavalier team. UVA was Awesome Baby and so is this book!”
Ralph Sampson on Team of Destiny: “Jerry and Chris have lived and seen it all, even before my time. I highly recommend this book to every basketball fan across the globe. This story translates to all who know defeat and how to overcome it!”
Feedback from buyers: “Got the Book in the Mail Saturday, and could not put it down! Great read and great photography as well! Love all of the books I’ve received, but hands down, this is my favorite!” – Russell