Mountain Day Senior Resource Fair
Maury River Senior Center will host a Senior Resource Fair on Buena Vista’s Mountain Day, Saturday, October 12, from 10:00am until 2:00pm. Organizations participating in the event, which is geared to those 60 and older and adults living with disabilities include:
- AARP, with Lucy Evans Ferrebee, “We Want To Know”.
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Education, with Joyce Nussbaum of Valley Program for Aging Services.
- Department of Blind and Vision Impaired, with Linda Youngblood, Rehabilitation Teacher.
- “Living Independently” with Joan Manley.
- Maury River Home Care with Laura Simpson, Home Care Administrator
- Medicare Insurance Counseling Information with Jeri Schaff, Maury River Senior Center
- Mobile Information Station with Debbie Branham, VPAS Outreach Coordinator
- Talking Book Center with Lisa Eye
More online at www.MauryRiverSeniorCenter.org.
UVA Basketball Fans!
Dick Vitale on Team of Destiny: “This is a hoops story you will LOVE! Jerry and Chris capture the sensational and dramatic championship journey by Tony Bennett and his tenacious Cavalier team. UVA was Awesome Baby and so is this book!”
Ralph Sampson on Team of Destiny: “Jerry and Chris have lived and seen it all, even before my time. I highly recommend this book to every basketball fan across the globe. This story translates to all who know defeat and how to overcome it!”
Feedback from buyers: “Got the Book in the Mail Saturday, and could not put it down! Great read and great photography as well! Love all of the books I’ve received, but hands down, this is my favorite!” – Russell