Job seekers to learn job finding skills at Waynesboro Public Library
Need some help finding employment? The Waynesboro Public Library has teamed up with the Waynesboro Rotary Club and the Office on Youth to host a career day. “Get a Job” Job Skills Fair on Thursday, April 25 from 3:00-7:00 p.m. Sessions scheduled for the day will help job seekers learn job finding skills.
Four sessions are scheduled:
- The Virginia Employment Commission is providing a workshop on effective resume and cover letter writing.
- Coaching interviews will be conducted by members of the Rotary Club. This gives job seekers a chance to practice their interview skills.
- City of Waynesboro Human Resources Director, Jim Fitzgerald, will lead a session on making a good first impression that shows participants how to present themselves at an interview.
- Vocational training options will be covered by Valley Vo Tech, Blue Ridge Community College, and Goodwill Industries as they guide seekers to local resources.
- In addition, on-site interviewing is being done by Augusta Health, DuPont Community Credit Union and Bradford Staffing Company. StellarOne Bank will also have a representative on site.
Everyone looking for a job is welcome to attend, but those planning to create a resume or participate in interviews with the represented businesses must register at the library circulation desk by Monday, April 22. The other sessions will take place on the hour, starting at 3:00, with the last round at 6:00.
“We were looking to fill a need,” said library director and Rotary member, Zahir Mahmoud. “Job hunters can usually find job fairs in Harrisonburg or Charlottesville but not Waynesboro. Ours is also unique because it targets the how-to part of job hunting. Be sure to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity so you can be well on your way to a successful career.”