Game Notes: Virginia faces Clemson in mid-week ACC hoops
Virginia (8-5, 2-1 ACC) travels to Clemson (9-4, 1-1) for an ACC contest on Tuesday. Tipoff at Littlejohn Coliseum is set for 9 p.m.
- The Virginia-Clemson game will be televised on Regional Sports Networks.
- The game will also be broadcast on Virginia Sports Radio Network, VirginiaSports.com and Virginia Sports app.
- Live statistics will be available on VirginiaSports.com and Virginia Sports app.
- The Cavaliers play defense, take good shots, share and take care of the basketball, rebound, and play more defense.
- UVA is led by its returning backcourt of Kihei Clark (10.1 ppg & 4.4 apg) and Reece Beekman (6.8 ppg, 4.4 apg & 2.2 spg), and the additions of transfers Jayden Gardner (14.8 ppg & 7.8 rpg) and Armaan Franklin (11.9 ppg).
- Clark has played 106 games at UVA and is averaging career-highs in field goal percentage (44.3%) and 3-point percentage (42.3%).
- The Cavaliers added transfers Gardner (East Carolina) and Franklin (Indiana) to fill the void left by standouts Sam Hauser (16 ppg), Jay Huff (13 ppg) and Trey Murphy III (11.3 ppg).
- Gardner averaged 18.5 points and 8.9 rebounds in 79 career games at East Carolina, while Franklin averaged 11.4 points and shot 42.5 percent from 3-point range in 2020-21.
- Kadin Shedrick (6.7 ppg, 5.5 rpg & 2.77 bpg) and Francisco Caffaro (3.2 rpg) anchor the paint, while Taine Murray (44.4% 3FGs), Igor Miliĉić Jr. (38.1% 3FGs), Carson McCorkle (33.3% 3FGs), Malachi Poindexter and Kody Stattmann provide perimeter depth.