Atlantic Coast Pipeline Field Tour set for July 24
See for yourself what pipelines would do to Virginia’s land and communities. Join Wild Virginia for a full day outing to learn about proposed pipeline routes through the George Washington National Forest.
Spend the day meeting landowners near the national forests who will be impacted, connect with the land during a short hike, learn about a local business’s concerns, and see some of the unique ways you can combat the pipeline using art.
This outing is limited to 12 people with a suggested donation for lunch of $10.
- 8:20 – Charlottesville carpool leaves
- 10:30 – Landowner visit in Little Valley. Possible short walk in 140-160 year old growth forest.
- 11:15 – Art in Your Arsenal – Learn with Amelia Williams about raising awareness about the pipeline through art.
- 12:30-1:30 – Lunch @ Fort Lewis Lodge and talk from Wild Virginia on pipeline impacts to Virginia’s national forests.
- 1:30- 3:00 – Short hike to limestone karst formations.