Tag: Clayton Blackburn
The Richmond Flying Squirrels (73-59) took a giant step towards the post-season by blanking the Bowie Baysox (66-65), 3-0, on Friday night at The Diamond.
The Erie SeaWolves (53-55) handled the Richmond Flying Squirrels (64-44), 6-2, on Sunday afternoon at Jerry Uht Park.
The Akron RubberDucks (52-40) scored three times in the top of the 11th inning to defeat the Richmond Flying Squirrels (54-38), 5-2, in extra-innings at The Diamond on Wednesday night.
The Richmond Flying Squirrels (14-10) held off the Bowie Baysox (13-12), 3-1, in front of 8,473 at The Diamond on Tuesday afternoon.
The Reading Fightin Phils (11-6) rode a sterling performance from lefty Jesse Biddle to a, 1-0, shutout victory over the Richmond Flying Squirrels (11-8) at FirstEnergy Stadium on Wednesday night. The win netted Reading the series, having taken two of the three games in the set. It marked the first time on the season that the Squirrels had been shut out.
The Richmond Flying Squirrels (9-5) needed just two unearned runs to claim a, 2-1, victory over the Altoona Curve (4-8) at Peoples Natural Gas Field on Thursday night. It marked the fourth consecutive win for Richmond over the Curve.
The Richmond Flying Squirrels (8-5) were crisp in a 4-1 win over the Reading Fightins (8-4) played on a chilly Wednesday afternoon at The Diamond.
In front of their fifth consecutive opening night sellout crowd (9,560), the Richmond Flying Squirrels (4-4) were stifled by the Altoona Curve (3-3), 6-1, on Thursday night at The Diamond.
The Richmond Flying Squirrels (0-2) couldn’t shake the New Britain Rock Cats (2-0), and fell late, 4-3, at New Britain Stadium on Friday afternoon.
- Climate Action Alliance of the Valley climate, energy news roundup: Aug. 8 (2489)
- Cline, Phillips introduce bipartisan bill to promote efficient technology use by federal agencies (2026)
- Staunton District Traffic Alert: Week of Aug. 10-14 (1430)
- Virginia Tech project trains dogs to sniff out agricultural threats (1415)
- Grant program aims to aid small business in Staunton (1310)
- Stable Craft Brewing opens new cornhole golf course (1214)
- Culpeper District Traffic Alerts: Week of Aug. 10-14 (1189)
- Ring of Honor announces return of TV tapings in Maryland Tuesday, 2:13 pm
- Human Rights Campaign endorses Dr. Cameron Webb in Fifth District race Tuesday, 2:03 pm
- Fifth District Republican nominee Bob Good issues statement on Liberty University Tuesday, 1:58 pm
- Staunton declares local emergency to assist response to weekend flooding Tuesday, 1:45 pm