Agriculture-based teacher development series set for July, August
The Virginia Agriculture in the Classroom program will host “Sprouting Success,” a free professional development series for preschool and elementary school teachers, in eight locations in July and August.
Participants can expect a cross-curricular approach to teaching agriculture and natural resources in subjects such as language arts, math and science. They also will be able to test hands-on games and activities for classroom use.
“Teachers will leave with a curriculum unit, lessons, maps, books and posters for their classrooms,” said Tammy Maxey, AITC senior education program manager. “They will also learn how to pull even more resources from AITC to implement into their lesson plans.”
The events will be held on the following dates:
- July 11, 9 a.m. to noon at Blacksburg Children’s Museum;
- July 20, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Frontier Culture Museum near Staunton;
- July 21, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Henricus Historical Park in Chesterfield County;
- July 26, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden in Richmond;
- Aug. 3, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Morven Park in Leesburg;
- Aug. 4, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Green Spring Gardens in Alexandria;
- Aug. 11, 9 a.m. to 1 p .m. at the Norfolk Botanical Garden; and
- Aug. 18, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Virginia State University near Petersburg.
UVA Basketball Fans!
Dick Vitale on Team of Destiny: “This is a hoops story you will LOVE! Jerry and Chris capture the sensational and dramatic championship journey by Tony Bennett and his tenacious Cavalier team. UVA was Awesome Baby and so is this book!”
Ralph Sampson on Team of Destiny: “Jerry and Chris have lived and seen it all, even before my time. I highly recommend this book to every basketball fan across the globe. This story translates to all who know defeat and how to overcome it!”
Feedback from buyers: “Got the Book in the Mail Saturday, and could not put it down! Great read and great photography as well! Love all of the books I’ve received, but hands down, this is my favorite!” – Russell