Hello, readers. Many of us depend on using diabetic sugar numbers for keeping us healthy. Before I go further about diabetes, let me inform you of a product recall. I just received this today – Jan. 3, 2011. It is from Abbott Diabetes Care in Alameda, Calif. Here are the test strips’ names:
- MediSense Optium Blood Glucose Electrodes
- OptimumEZ Blood Glucose Strips
- Precision G3b Smartblue Blood Glucose Strips
- ReliOn Ultima Blood Glucose Strips
- Medisense Optium Blood Glucose Strips
- Optium Blood Glucose Strips
- Precision Xceed Pro Blood Glucose Strips
- Precision Point of Care Blood Glucose Strips
- Precision Xtra Blood Glucose Strips
- Precision Xtra Blood Glucose and Ketone Monitoring System.
There are lot numbers associated with this recall. Please go to www.precisionoptimuminfo.com.
There is also a number to contact Abbott: 800.448.5234.
I verified by letter and by phone that I am one of those recalled. The phone conversation with a customer service representative that I had was “rude,” but I don’t sound “desirable.”
I shall go into diabetes in another story. I needed to get this out.
Column by Chris DeWald