Liberty Football: Hugh Freeze announces football coaching staff
Having filled most of the positions, Freeze has announced his first full coaching staff at Liberty, which will lead the Flames during in 2019, Liberty’s first season where it will be fully bowl eligible. Freeze will announce Liberty’s football administrative staff at a later time.
The Flames hired Freeze on Dec. 7, 2018 as the program’s ninth head coach, one week after Liberty completed its final season of a two-year FBS transition process.
“I’m excited to work alongside this impressive group of individuals as we look to lead Liberty to our first-ever bowl game appearance and win,” said Freeze. “I am blessed to know a lot of outstanding coaches from around the country and these individuals will be tremendous mentors to the young men in our program. I believe this group will capture the hearts and minds of our young men, leading them with our core values of faith, attitude, mental toughness, integrity and love.”
Freeze’s coaching staff includes
- Kent Austin (Co-Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach)
- Maurice Harris (Co-Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers Coach)
- Ben Aigamaua (Tight Ends Coach)
- Mike Brown (Running Backs Coach)
- Sam Gregg (Offensive Line)
- Scott Symons (Defensive Coordinator/Safeties Coach)
- Josh Aldridge (Defensive Line Coach)
- Rickey Hunley (Cornerbacks Coach)
- Kyle Pope (Linebackers)
- Tanner Burns (Special Team Coordinator)
- Dominic Studzinski (Head Football Strength and Conditioning Coach)