Game 10 Preview: ODU vs. Southern Miss
ODU hosts its second-straight contest on Saturday, Nov. 12, as they welcome Southern Miss at 3:30 p.m. to Foreman Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium. The game will be broadcast on ASN and on ESPN Radio 94.1.
• Old Dominion is coming off of an historic 38-14 victory over Marshall. The Monarchs are bowl eligible for the first time in program history (2014 ODU was not eligible due to FCS transition). Southern Miss lost to Charlotte, 38-27.
• Junior running back Ray Lawry had notched his second-straight and fourth 100-yard rushing game of the season, rushing for 209 yards on 27 carries and a touchdown in the win. It was Lawry’s fourth 200-yard game of his career and third-straight 100-yard game against Marshall.
• Senior quarterback David Washington completed 16-of-27 passes for 199 yards and three touchdowns.
• Sophomore defensive end Oshane Ximines notched three tackles and two sacks to give him 4.5 sacks on the year.
• Junior cornerback Brandon Addison had a career game with an ODU single-game record five pass breakups, three tackles and two tackles for loss. He broke the record of four set by teammate Justice Davila earlier this season.
• Linebacker TJ Ricks passed Fellonte Misher for second on ODU’s career tackle charts with 291. Ricks is 49 tackles away from tying leader Craig Wilkins, who has 340 career stops.
• The ODU defense held Marshall to just 214 yards of total offense, the fewest ODU has given up to an FBS opponent. The 10 first downs allowed are also the fewest given up. This was the first game this season the defense did not force a turnover.
ODU is tied for second in the country in fewest turnovers with six ODU has thrown four interceptions and lost two fumbles.
Old Dominion’s defense has been much improved over the last three years, and has made tremendous progress so far this season. The defense is currently third in total defense and third on scoring defense.
|Rank||Team||Pts. Per Game|