As things heat up outside this summer, the Blue Ridge Health District reminds you to be sure to look out for your pets.
To keep your pet safe and cool, BRHD provided some tips.
Tips to keep your pets cool
- Never leave pets in the car, even with the windows cracked or rolled down
- Make sure pets have access to plenty of water and shady places when outdoors
- Keep paws off hot pavement
- Avoid exercising with your pet outside on extremely hot days
- Know the signs of heat stroke
To learn more about how to help your animals deal with the heat, click here.