newsalbemarle county home fire results in 75k in damages

Albemarle County home fire results in $75k in damages: No injuries reported

(© Peter Kim –

A family has been displaced after their Albemarle County home caught on fire Thursday afternoon. The fire, located in the 2000 block of Lindsay Road, was likely the result of resistance heating of electrical wiring.

Albemarle County Fire Rescue responded to the 4:50 p.m. report of a working fire with visible flames.

The first unit arrived on scene 16 minutes after being dispatched.

The home’s occupants and family dog were evacuated safely with no injuries.

The residents are being assisted by the American Red Cross.

The Albemarle County Fire Marshal’s Office estimated the loss from the fire at $75,000.

Crystal Graham

Crystal Graham

Crystal Abbe Graham is the regional editor of Augusta Free Press. A 1999 graduate of Virginia Tech, she has worked as a reporter and editor for several Virginia publications, written a book, and garnered more than a dozen Virginia Press Association awards for writing and graphic design. She was the co-host of "Viewpoints," a weekly TV news show, and co-host of Virginia Tonight, a nightly TV news show. Her work on "Virginia Tonight" earned her a national Telly award for excellence in television.