Tag: Skyler Stromsmoe
The Richmond Flying Squirrels (76-63) defeated the Binghamton Mets (83-56), 2-1, in front of 6,889 at The Diamond on Friday night. With the win, and an Akron loss to Erie, the Squirrels claimed their first-ever regular season Western Division title.
The Richmond Flying Squirrels (66-44) breezed past the Harrisburg Senators (43-65), 5-2, at The Diamondon Tuesday night.
Richmond right-hander Austin Fleet was spectacular over eight scoreless innings as the Flying Squirrels (63-41) completed a three-game sweep of the Akron RubberDucks (57-48) with a, 2-0, victory on Wednesday afternoon at Canal Park.
The Richmond Flying Squirrels (49-34) clipped the Harrisburg Senators (32-50), 3-2, at Metro Bank Park on Tuesday night. With the win, the Squirrels return to a season-high 15 games over .500 and maintain first place in the Western Division.
With the help of five walks, the Richmond Flying Squirrels (43-31) scored six runs in the first inning en route to a, 7-2, win over the Harrisburg Senators (30-44) on Monday night at The Diamond.
Left-hander Kelvin Marte was sensational over 7 1/3 innings, leading the Richmond Flying Squirrels (38-28) to a, 1-0, shutout victory over the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (28-39) in front of 8,583 at The Diamond on Saturday night.
Right-hander Kyle Crick dominated for six innings and the Richmond Flying Squirrels (21-18) hung on late to defeat the Altoona Curve (15-24), 2-1, on Friday night at Peoples Natural Gas Field.
The Richmond Flying Squirrels (7-4) won their third straight over the Altoona Curve (3-6), 7-3, in front of 5,789on Sunday afternoon at The Diamond.
The Richmond Flying Squirrels (1-2) erupted offensively as they pasted the New Britain Rock Cats (2-1), 13-3, for their first win of the 2014 season.
- Augusta County sinkhole ponds protected at Virginia’s newest natural area preserve (2401)
- Staunton Police investigating late-night murder (1805)
- Kaine names winners of graduation speaker video contest (1643)
- Glacier Portable AC Reviews: Is Glacier Portable AC worth getting this summer? (1564)
- Augusta County authorities searching for runaway Grottoes teen (1487)
- Inside the Numbers: Examining the dramatic decline of COVID-19 in Northern Virginia (1391)
- Culpeper District Traffic Alerts: Week of July 13-17 (1361)
- Is the Trump administration using COVID-19 as a cover to roll back environmental protections? Monday, 7:10 am
- Chincoteague Island voted Best Coastal Small Town by USA TODAY Monday, 6:04 am
- Share the road with farmers, their equipment Monday, 6:02 am
- Shenandoah, participants from around the world create 'We Will Rise' video Monday, 12:15 am