Join AFP’s 100,000+ followers on Facebook
Purchase a subscription to AFP
Subscribe to AFP podcasts on iTunes, Spotify and Pandora
News, press releases, letters to the editor: email@example.com
Advertising inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CEOs of Augusta Health and UVA Medical Center have a message for the community: the most recent COVID surge has their healthcare workers “at their breaking point.”
- The Harrisonburg Police Department is announcing the return of its annual Community Police Academy, which will be open to people who live, work, or go to school in the City of Harrisonburg and who are at least 18 years old.
- Legislation from Culpeper Republican Nick Freitas would get rid of the Virginia ABC in favor of allowing hard liquor sales in retail stores. Why it won’t happen? Money.
- When Virginia landed Jayden Gardner out of the transfer portal in the spring, the thinking was that the 6’6”, 246-pounder would be a bruiser down low.
Arts & Culture
- Visible Records in Charlottesville is hosting On The Palette of Scarlet, an exhibition of Fumi Ishino’s photographs from the past five years.
Opinions & Analysis
- Nothing in one part of the country is truly “alien” if it affects any other part. To the extent that the voting power and political voice of millions of people is diminished anywhere, it affects the quality of democracy everywhere.
- Investing in rental property is far less volatile than trying to win at the stock market without insider information, but it too has its downsides.