Call for art entries from Augusta Health
News tips: email@example.com
Art shown in the gallery during the two-month’s long exhibits will be eligible for purchase by gallery visitors and by Augusta Health. To apply, artists are asked to submit one labeled CD which includes the artist’s resume, artist’s statement, and images (pdf or jpeg) including dimensions of at least eight different, original pieces of representational work.
Slides will not be accepted. Submissions must be received by Monday, Feb. 1, 2010.
No e-mail submissions, in-person appointments, or phone calls please. Mail or drop off CD applications to:
Augusta Health Art Committee
C/o Lee Phillips, Volunteer Services Office
P.O. Box 1000
Fishersville, VA 22939-1000
Selection guidelines are as follows:
1) Artwork should be interpreted as generally uplifting and/or calming. Subject matter must be non-controversial, non-violent and appropriate to the hospital setting. Humor and whimsy are acceptable.
2) Color is preferable to monochrome or black and white.
3) Artwork that reflects the local environment is preferred.
4) No reproductions are accepted.
5) Artwork should be “complete” in terms of matting, framing, etc. when appropriate, and durable with few maintenance requirements.