newsstructure fire in albemarle county linked to reported electrical malfunction

Structure fire in Albemarle County linked to reported electrical malfunction

(© Peter Kim –

An electrical malfunction caused a structure fire in Scottsville on Friday morning, causing less than $5,000 damage.

Career and volunteer units from Albemarle County were dispatched at 9:58 a.m. to the structure fire in the 300 block of Valley Street in Scottsville. The first apparatus arrived on the scene at 10:06 a.m., and crews reported the fire extinguished at 10:16 a.m.

All occupants were able to safely evacuate with no reported injuries.

Chris Graham

Chris Graham

Chris Graham is the founder and editor of Augusta Free Press. A 1994 alum of the University of Virginia, Chris has won 17 Virginia Press Association awards for his work as an investigative reporter, feature writer and columnist. Chris is the author and co-author of seven books, including Poverty of Imagination and Team of Destiny: Inside Virginia Basketball’s Run to the 2019 National Championship, both published in 2019, and The Worst Wrestling Pay-Per-View Ever, published in 2018. For his commentaries on news, sports and politics, go to his YouTube page, Want to reach Chris? Try [email protected].