Augusta County Board of Supervisors to meet today
Edited by Chris Graham
The Augusta County Board of Supervisors will meet today at 1:30 p.m. at the Augusta County Government Center, 18 Government Center Lane, Verona, for its monthly staff briefing.
Items on the agenda for the meeeting include:
- A report from the Virginia Department of Transportation including a draft of the Six-Year Plan.
- Presentation of the annual report of the Recycling Committee.
- Presentation by the Virginia Cooperative Extension Service on an 18-month analysis of Electronic Weather Monitoring Stations data.
- Presentation by staff on options for dealing with methane-gas issues at the Regional Landfill.
- Discussion of the submission of an arts grant to the state for the Staunton Augusta Art Center, ShenanArts, the Stonewall Brigade Band and the Shenandoah Valley Art Center.
- Discussion of the recommendations of a Board of Supervisors committee regarding the proposed Riverheads-Greenville fire-rescue station.
- Planning Commission items:
1. Augusta Health Care Inc., rezoning, located in the northwest quadrant of the intersection of Tinkling Spring Road (Route 285) and Goose Creek Road (Route 636) in Fishersville (Wayne District).
2. Cedar Bluff Inc., rezoning, located in the northwest quadrant of the intersection of Benz Road (Route 1614) and Kolb Circle (Route 1615) in Lyndhurst (South River District).
3. County of Augusta (Stuarts Draft Park), amend and restate proffers, located on the east side of Edgewood Lane (Route 1562) approximately 0.1 of a mile south of the intersection with Stuarts Draft Highway (Route 340) in Stuarts Draft (South River District).
4. Upper Valley Regional Park Authority (Natural Chimneys), public use overlay, located on the north side of Natural Chimneys Road (Route 731) just east of the intersection of River Road (Route 730) and Natural Chimneys Road (North River District).
5. County of Augusta (Crimora Park), public use overlay, located on the north side of New Hope and Crimora Road (Route 612) approximately 0.5 of a mile west of the intersection with Eastside Highway (Route 340) in Crimora (Middle River District).