VaReads.org is the Center’s first standalone website and features listings of state-wide events and resources as well as Center programs, including:
- Virginia Festival of the Book, the largest community-based book event in the Mid-Atlantic region, held every March in Charlottesville and Albemarle County
- Virginia Arts of the Book Center (VABC), a hands-on printmaking studio and community of artists with a community-access approach to providing experience with book arts
- Letters About Literature, a national writing competition for grades 4-12, sponsored nationally by the Center for the Book in the Library of Congress and organized state-wide by the Virginia Center for the Book
- Talking Service, a partnership with the Great Books Foundation to engage small groups of Virginians in discussions about writings on military service and veteran experiences
- Route One Reads, a partnership between the Center for the Book in the Library of Congress, and 16 affiliate Centers for the Book to promote books that illuminate important aspects of states or commonwealths along historic Route 1
As the new online home for the Center, VaReads.org also features a new blog series that will showcase specific programs and organizations throughout the state that support literary and literacy interests.