The pre-Thanksgiving snow storm has left the Shenandoah Valley. After a day where crews plowed and treated roads, interstate and primary roads are clear throughout the area. Patches of fog have developed in the region. Icy patches and black ice may occur on some roads, particularly those that are on elevated surfaces such as bridges and ramps.
People traveling throughout the area should continue to use caution and leave plenty of stopping room between their vehicle and the one in front of them.
Here are the road conditions as of 10 p.m.
- Interstate 64 – Clear in Alleghany, Rockbridge and Augusta counties.
- Interstate 66 – Clear in Warren County
- Interstate 81 – Clear in Rockbridge, Augusta, Rockingham, Shenandoah and Frederick counties.
- Primary roads are clear in Frederick, Shenandoah, Clarke, Warren, Page, Rockingham, Augusta, Highland, Rockbridge, Alleghany and Bath counties.
- Secondary roads are in moderate condition in Bath County. Minor conditions are in Alleghany, Augusta, Rockingham, Shenandoah, Frederick, Clarke, Warren, Page and Highland counties. Clear conditions are in Rockbridge County.
For winter weather road conditions go to www.511Virginia.org, look at the orange bar on the top of the page and click on “Text Views” and then click on “Road Condition Table”. Look at the pull down box that lists all jurisdictions. In this box individual counties can be chosen to view.
Traffic alerts and traveler information can be obtained by dialing 511. Traffic alerts and traveler information also are available at 511Virginia.org. For other assistance call the VDOT Customer Service Center, available 24 hours-a-day, seven days a week. Citizens can dial 1-800-FOR- ROAD (1-800-367-7623) from anywhere in the state to report road hazards, ask transportation questions, or get information related to Virginia’s roads.
The Staunton District Twitter feed is at @VaDOTStaunton. VDOT can be followed on Facebook, Flickr, Twitter andYouTube. RSS feeds are also available for statewide information. The VDOT Web page is located at www.VirginiaDOT.org.
The VDOT Staunton District serves Frederick, Shenandoah, Clarke, Warren, Page, Rockingham, Augusta, Highland, Rockbridge, Alleghany and Bath counties.