Today, U.S. Sen. Mark Warner’s re-election campaign announced a new ad, “Get It Right,” which highlights Senator Warner’s long history of fighting for the thousands of military men, women, veterans and families that reside in the Commonwealth.
The 30-second commercial features Virginians who support Senator Warner’s commitment to fixing the long wait times at the Department of Veterans Affairs, his efforts to clean up unlivable off-base military housing and his work to ensure that suffering women veterans have equal access to PTSD treatment.
“Senator Warner has been recognized as a national leader for his long record of fighting for Virginia’s military community. His unwavering support shows how deeply he cares about our active military, veterans and military families. No matter the issue, Senator Warner is committed to working everyday as a strong advocate on behalf of those who so bravely serve our country,” said Campaign Manager Trey Nix.
Senator Warner continues to work to find solutions to problems facing Virginia’s military community:
- Senator Warner received the United States Navy’s Highest Award for Civilians for his work in fighting for our military men and women.
- Senator Warner successfully worked with the Navy to maintain funding for its 11-carrier fleet in Norfolk.
- Senator Warner worked with Pentagon officials to minimize the impact of the sequester on military operations in Virginia.
- Senator Warner successfully brokered a public private initiative to implement an IT “SWAT” team to assess problems at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Senator Warner partnered with the Northern Virginia Technology Council to help fix mismanagement at Arlington National Cemetery.
- Senator Warner pushed the V-A to use the William and Mary Law School’s Puller Clinic program to help reduce its backlog for veteran disability claims.
- He successfully closed a loophole in the V-A to ensure equal mental health benefits for military women and female veterans.
- Senator Warner worked with the Navy to strengthen its oversight of off-base military housing across the nation.
- He introduced a bipartisan bill to fight against potential cuts to local commissaries utilized by military families.
- Senator Warner continues to support the creation of new educational and training opportunities for our veterans through initiatives like the Veterans Corps and the VOW to Hire Heroes Act.