Bridgewater College Alumni Association awards scholarships
The Alumni Legacy Scholarships are presented to rising juniors or seniors whose parent(s) graduated from Bridgewater College. The scholarships, valued at $2,000 each, rewards loyalty of alumni who encourage their children to attend Bridgewater College, provides a sense of connection with previous generations of BC students and fosters an interest in the Alumni Association and its programs.
Receiving Alumni Legacy Scholarships for 2012-13 are:
· Stephanie Bailey, a junior majoring in art, is the daughter of Scott and Lisa Bailey from Elkton, Va.;
· Morgan N. Brooking, a junior majoring in music of Charlottesville, Va., is the daughter of Richard Brooking of Culpeper, Va. and April Rife of Charlottesville;
· Amanda Lee Harpine, a sophomore majoring in business administration, is the daughter of Ronnie and Ashby Harpine of Broadway, Va.;
· Heather R. Horst, a junior majoring in family and consumer sciences with a minor in art, is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Timothy Horst of Rockville, Md.;
· Katelyn Wampler, a sophomore majoring in biology, is the daughter of Ben and Sherrie Wampler of Nokesville, Va.; and
· Brittany N. Williams, a junior psychology major with a minor in crime and justice, is the daughter of Ken and Carmella Williams of Clayton, N.C.
The Citizenship Award is presented annually to a senior who has demonstrated citizenship and made contributions within the college community.
Holly Danielle Knupp, a senior health and exercise science major, is the recipient of this year’s Citizenship Award. She is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Dave Knupp of Harrisonburg, Va.