The Art Committee of Augusta Health Inc. in Fishersville, Va.,is seeking high quality fine art for temporary gallery exhibits and for possible purchase by the hospital for permanent display. The gallery exhibits the work of an individual artist for a solo exhibition. Any purchases will be determined during the display time.
Interested artists are asked to send a CD of digital images (jpeg format only) with a maximum of eight original works, with title, size, and medium for each piece shown. Please include an artist’s statement and resume with your submission. Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you wish to have your CD returned.
Art selection guidelines are as follows:
- Art must be positive, generally uplifting and/or calming.
- Subject matter must be non-controversial and appropriate to a healing, hospital environment.
- Artwork should not be depressing or disturbing in any way through imagery, gesture or violent color.
- All artwork must be original, reproductions are not acceptable.
- Two and three dimensional work is acceptable. However, the work must be ready to hang, with no removable parts and fiber work must be encased or framed. We cannot accept standing sculpture, glass work or jewelry.
Accepted artists must be prepared to display a body of their work for a two month period in 2014 or 2015.
The deadline for submission is February 15, 2014 and notifications will be sent by March 15, 2014. Entries should be sent to:
For additional information, please contact Linda Blake, Committee Chair, at [email protected] .