UVA Athletics alters weekend event schedule due to Hurricane Florence
The UVA athletics department announced today (Sept. 11) changes to athletics contests scheduled for Friday, Sept. 14, Saturday, Sept. 15 and possibly Sunday, Sept. 16 due to the forecast of severe weather throughout the mid-Atlantic region. The changes were also made to provide emergency personnel with the ability to focus on the needs of the region’s citizens throughout the weekend.
A day-by-day list of changes to the event schedule is below.
Friday, Sept. 14
- The men’s and women’s cross country team’s Virginia/Panorama Farms Invitational has been cancelled.
- The men’s soccer game against Notre Dame has been postponed and will be rescheduled later this season. Ticket information for this game is listed below.
- The field hockey game at North Carolina and women’s soccer game at Virginia Tech are also postponed and make up dates will be announced in the near future.
- The volleyball team’s match at VCU in Richmond against VCU is scheduled to take place at this time.
Saturday, Sept. 15
- The home football game versus Ohio, scheduled to take place at Scott Stadium, has been relocated to Vanderbilt Stadium on the campus of Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. Kickoff for the game will be at 4:30 p.m. ET (3:30 p.m. in Nashville). The game’s radio broadcast will air on the Virginia Sports Radio Network. Television broadcast plans for the game are still being developed by the ACC and ESPN.
“Our top priority is the safety of everyone involved and I appreciate the understanding of our fans,” said Virginia athletics director Carla Williams. “We’re extremely grateful to Vanderbilt University and vice chancellor for athletics and university affairs and athletics director David Williams for graciously supporting our efforts. We look forward to returning to Scott Stadium for the Louisville game on Sept. 22.”
- The volleyball team’s matches against South Carolina and Toledo at the VCU Invitational in Richmond are scheduled to take place at this time.
- The women’s golf team will compete in the Mary Fossum Invitational in East Lansing, Mich. on Saturday and Sunday.
Sunday, Sept. 16
- A decision regarding the field hockey’s game at Liberty on Sunday has not been made at this time.
Football vs. Ohio Ticket Information
Refund information will be posted online at VirginiaSports.com/tickets and sent by email to fans who purchased tickets to the game through the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office. Virginia Athletics will not offer refunds for tickets purchased through secondary sources.
Admission to the game at Vanderbilt Stadium will be free. Vanderbilt University has a clear bag policy which will be in effect for the game.
Men’s Soccer vs. Notre Dame Ticket Information
Fans with tickets to the Sept. 14 men’s soccer game should retain their ticket to be used for the rescheduled game. Fans may also: (a) exchange their ticket in advance for a General Admission ticket to any other regular season game by calling the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office at (800) 542-8821 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm., or (b) bring their ticket to the gate for General Admission seating at any remaining regular season home game, subject to seat availability at the time of arrival or (c) exchange their ticket for a General Admission ticket to a Virginia women’s soccer, women’s basketball, men’s lacrosse, women’s lacrosse, and / or baseball game within the calendar year based on availability. This exchange can happen through the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office in advance or at the ticket window of that facility on game day.