In celebration of the season four kick-off of Downton Abbey, the most-watched drama series in the history of PBS, wvpt presents its Travel Sweepstakes, featuring a grand prize trip to London and tour of Highclere Castle, the set of Downton Abbey, as well as a second prize trip to Cancun, Mexico.
Through Feb. 20 at 5 p.m., Virginia residents ages 18 and older may purchase sweepstakes tickets for $51 online or by phone, mail or visiting the wvpt studios weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Three tickets are $120, and ten tickets are $300. Only 2,500 tickets will be sold. The announcement of the winners will be broadcast Feb. 23 on wvpt.
“This sweepstakes is an exciting way for us to celebrate the return to the screen of America’s favorite pbs series and give viewers an incredible chance to travel while supporting public television programming,” said wvpt President and General Manager David Mullins.
With a 7-day tour of England including hotel accommodations, most meals and $1,000 in credit for purchase of airfare, theDownton Abbey trip is a one-of-a-kind tour to experience the backdrop and setting of PBS’s most popular series ever. FromJuly 28 to Aug. 3, the winner will walk in the shadows of the Crawley family while touring Highclere Castle, the village and more at a value of $5,700.
The grand prize travel package includes:
- 6 nights at a 4-star London Area Hotel
- Most meals
- Daily sightseeing
- 1 full day at Highclere Castle with guided tour
- Whiskey tasting
- Downton Abbey surprises and more!
The grand prize winner will have the opportunity to:
- Explore Highclere Castle and the village featured in the Downton Abbey series.
- Delve into mysteries of the “Downstairs” world and experience the powerful role of the butler through a butlering class.
- Learn how to successfully navigate afternoon tea and high society from British masters of etiquette.
- Discover Downton Abbey fashion secrets behind the scenes with one of the show’s costumiers.
“We went to an etiquette lesson. We went to the costume shop. We had a morning with Jessica Fellowes, the official biographer. It was just wonderful,” said Diana Enedy, winner of the 2013 Downton Abbey sweepstakes. “If you win the trip, you won’t regret any of it. If you don’t win it, you’re supporting public television that brings Downton Abbey to you in the first place. It’s a win-win—absolutely a win-win!”
Valued at more than $1,200, the second prize—a trip to Cancun, Mexico for up to four people—includes a vacation certificate valid for 5 days and 4 nights of hotel accommodations for up to four people at the Ocean Spa Hotel or the Laguna Suites Golf and Spa. (One traveler must be at least 28 years of age.)
The second prize travel package includes:
- 5 days of relaxation, exploration and festivities in Cancun
- 4 nights at Cancun’s Ocean Spa Hotel or Laguna Suites Golf and Spa
- $500 airfare gift card
- All taxes and booking fees
Tune in Feb. 23 at 7 p.m. to view the announcement of the sweepstakes winners.