Motorists should be alert to road and/or lane closures and possible delays as crews under contract to VDOT perform regularly-scheduled safety inspections at the locations listed below, weather permitting.
VDOT inspects all its bridges at least once every two years unless there are issues with a structure due to age, deterioration, bridge damage or other known concerns. In these cases, more frequent inspections are conducted. Routine bridge inspections continue to ensure that all Virginia bridges remain safe for motorists. When bridge inspectors find any safety concerns, bridges are immediately posted to reduce weight limits or closed until necessary repairs are made. Other structures (signs, signals, etc.) are inspected on a regular basis.
Motorists are urged to use caution when traveling through these are any highway work zones. For additional information about work zones statewide, visit www.511Virginia.org or call 511.
- Amherst County: July 21-Route 130 over NS Railway
- Campbell County: July 21-Route 460 East over Opossum Creek and Route 501 North over Beaver Creek
- Charlotte County: July 17-Route 15 North and South over Route 15 & 360 Business, Va Southern Railroad and July18– Route 727 over Cub Creek
- Cumberland County: July 14 – Route 600 over Big Guinea Creek and Route 45 over James River
- Danville: July 16 – Route 29 North Bypass over NS Railway; July 18– Route 29 North over Dan River; July 25 – River Park Drive over Route 29 North and South Bypass and Route 58 over Route 29 and 58 Bypass, July 28 – Route 730 over Route 29 Bypass and Route 732 over Route 29 North and South Bypass
- Nelson County: July 10 – Route 151 over Tye River and Route 699 over Tye River; July 16– Route 60 over CSX Railway, Route 655 over NS Railway and Route 60 over james river and July 22– July 56 over James River
- Pittsylvania County: July 15 – Route 29 North over Cherrystone Creek, Route 29 South over Banister River and Route 29 North over Pumpkin Creek; July 17– Route 40 over Pigg River and Route 57 over Banister River; July 23 – Route 726 over Route 29 Bypass and Route 29 North Business over Route 29 Bypass and July 24– Route 695 over Route 29 Bypass and Route 360 over Route 29
- Prince Edward County: July 17– Route 623 over Buckingham Branch Railroad and July 18– Route 612 over Sandy River