Broadcast Information: #4 Virginia at Georgia Tech
- The Virginia-Georgia Tech game will be televised on the ACC Network, streamed online at ESPN3.com and broadcast on the Virginia Sports Radio Network, VirginiaSports.com and Virginia Athletics mobile app on iTunes or Android.
- Live statistics will be located on VirginiaSports.com and the Virginia Sports app.
Getting to Know: Georgia Tech
Georgia Tech is 0-2 in the ACC, but the Yellow Jackets are looking forward to their conference homer opener with #4 Virginia on Saturday, if nothing else to enjoy the creature comforts.
The Yellow Jackets (10-5, 0-2 ACC) hung tough with #6 North Carolina and Pitt in road losses over the past week. The Tar Heels, the preseason ACC favorite, didn’t take control until the final media timeout, and Pitt went into the final minute before dispatching the Ramblin’ Wreck by five.
The Jackets haven’t scored less than 73 points since Dec. 1, and are averaging 77.7 points per game on the season.
The production comes from three key players: Marcus Georges-Hunt (15.3 ppg, 43.9% FG, 37.2% threes), Adam Smith (13.6 ppg, 45.4% threes) and Charles Mitchell (12.9 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 57.9% FG).
Georgia Tech shoots 45.7 percent from the field and 36.7 percent from three-point range.
Inside the Numbers
- Georgia Tech averages 17.7 three-point attempts per game. Virginia averages 15.1 three-pointers a game.
- Virginia is shooting 50.4 percent from the field (second in the ACC) and 41.5 percent from three-point range (best in the ACC).
- UVA is fourth nationally in offensive efficiency, according to KenPom.com, scoring 1.195 points per possession. The top four teams in the country are in the ACC: Duke first, UNC second and Notre Dame at third. Georgia Tech scores 1.106 points per possession, 40th nationally.
- The Virginia D is 32nd nationally and third in the ACC in defensive points per possession, allowing 0.949 points per possession. Georgia Tech allows 1.003 points per possession, 128th nationally and 12th in the conference.
- Virginia averages 61.8 possessions per game, 351st and dead last in D1 in tempo. Georgia Tech averages 67.8 possessions per game, 264th nationally.
- One common opponent: Villanova. Georgia Tech lost a neutral-site game on Nov. 27 to the Wildcats, 69-52. Virginia defeated ‘Nova at home on Dec. 19, 86-75.