Theatre at Bridgewater College to stage Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind
Performances are at 8 p.m. Feb. 20-22 and at 3 p.m. Feb. 23. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for seniors over age 65 and non-BC students. Tickets will be available at the door 30 minutes prior to the start of the performance. This production is for mature audiences.
Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind is co-directed by Dr. Scott W. Cole, associate professor of theater at Bridgewater College, and Catherine M. Downing, a senior English and theater double major, from Eldersburg, Md.
The production is an ensemble experiment in presenting “30 Plays in 60 Minutes.” Each two-minute play is performed in random order with an interactive audience. The plays are comic, tragic, political, personal and abstract, as well as funny and thought-provoking.
Members of the cast include:
- Georgia K. Howard, a senior art and theater double major, from Victoria, Australia
- Mary E. Killian, a senior psychology and theater double major, from Roanoke, Va.
- Eli Q. Lenig, a junior psychology major, from Port Royal, Pa.
- Kylee A. Lorio, a junior political science and leadership double major with a minor in theater, from Newmanstown, Pa.
- Christina L. Ludwig, a junior art major, from Strasburg, Va.
- Steven R. Perry, a sophomore business administration major, from Virginia Beach, Va.
- Eli W. Quay, a senior communication, technology and culture major, from Bridgewater, Va.
- Jeffrey L. Roach III, a senior biology major from Elkton, Va.
- Cristian A. Sanchez, a senior mathematics and philosophy and religion double major, from Jacksonville, Fla.
- Gabriella B. Signor, a first-year liberal studies major, from Grovetown, Ga.
- Angela R. Tolomei, a senior theater major, from Hanover, Pa.
- Shayne M. Williamson, a sophomore communication, technology and culture major, from Ownings Mill, Md.
Victoria L. Callahan, a senior sociology and communication, technology and culture double major with minors in peace studies and theater, from Bloomsburg, Pa., is serving as stage manager.
Holly Labbe, an adjunct in theater at Bridgewater College, is working on costume design. Also working with the production are members of the local community: Shannon Dove on set design and Bridgewater College alumnus Ryan Howard on light design.
Bridgewater College is a private, four-year liberal arts college located in the Central Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Founded in 1880, it was the state’s first private, coeducational college. Today, Bridgewater College is home to nearly 1,800 undergraduate students.