The top plastic surgery predictions for 2020
Recent trends in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery point to steady growth. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 17.7 million cosmetic procedures were performed across America in 2018. The figure was up 2% from the previous year. Cosmetic procedures are more popular with people age 40 to 54. The top procedures for 2018 were listed as follows:
- Breast augmentation – 313,000
- Liposuction (lipoplasty, lipo) – 258,000
- Nose reshaping (Rhinoplasty) – 213,000
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) – 206,000
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) – 130,000
Breast augmentation continues to be the most preferred cosmetic procedure for over a decade. The most preferred routine is the placement of silicone and saline implants. Rhinoplasty is normally performed to shape the nose and can help enhance breathing and improve facial appearance. Results are normally achieved by amending the skin, cartilage or nasal bones.
Liposuction often referred to as lipo is a popular cosmetic procedure that involves the removal of unrequired body fat. The procedure can be carried on different parts of the body, including the neck, abdomen, arm, chin, and buttock. A high-pressure instrument called cannula is normally used to strip off fat from the targeted area of the body. The procedure is fairly inexpensive.
Tummy Tuck or abdominoplasty is normally conducted to extricate extra fat and skin. The procedure may be right for people with excess skin around the abdomen. The two main Tummy Tuck procedures are complete abdominoplasty and mini-abdominoplasty. Plastic surgeons often discourage the use of tummy tuck as a quick alternative to weight loss for various reasons.
Blepharoplasty may be requested to mend droopy eyelids or eliminate portions of skin, fat, and muscles on the eyelids. Having a sagging skin around the eyelids may blur the marginal vision and make you look much older. Cosmetic surgery patients looking to have a general facelift may also undergo eyelid surgery to tighten the skin and create a more youthful appearance.
Plastic Surgery Predictions: What to look for in 2020?
As 2020 approaches, an eager public will be waiting to see what’s in store as far as cosmetics procedures are concerned. According to a popular cosmetic journal, Cosmetic Town, 2020 will see the emergence of subtle looks; an array of radiofrequency and ultrasound procedures and the use of facial fillers to increase volume. The growing use of facial fillers is set to continue through 2020.
As part of treatment, the facial filler is pumped into the skin to increase volume on select patches. The procedure is popular with older people, especially those with old or sunken appearance. The results of the facial fillers may last anywhere from 6 months to two years. Aging alongside weight gain and weight loss are normally blamed for skin sagging and stretching.
In the past, most people with sagging or over-stretchy skin preferred to undergo facelift or body fit. With the advances in cosmetic surgery, newer and more effective solutions to speed skin shrinkage and reduce sagging have been developed. The end results usually depend on the desired outcome and the patient’s age. Here are some of the procedures to watch:
- Ultherapy – this popular ultrasound technology works by rejuvenating and tightening the skin while stimulating the production of collagen, a type of protein shown to improve skin health and relieve joint pain. The non-invasive procedure is seen as a great alternative to a facelift.
- Fraxel laser – the procedure uses a specially designed ablative CO2 laser to heat and vaporize specific areas of the skin. The heat also helps stimulates the production of collagen.
- Thermage – this non-invasive laser tightening procedure uses radiofrequency (RF) energy to firm the skin and promote the production of collagen. The radiofrequency penetrates deeper into multiple skin layers to create a younger look and other desired outcomes.
- Sculptra – Sculptra is among the most popular types of fillers on the market today. For the most part, the FDA approved dermal filler is introduced onto the soft skin tissue through an injection and works by lifting the cheek and skin around the jawline and mouth.
People often associate plastic surgery with a complete facelift, but this is about to change with the rise of subtle looks when it comes to facial and body enhancements. The new push is informed by the need to look more natural and acceptable. The other subtle treatments to look forward to in 2020 include body fillers, Botox and other facial rejuvenation treatments.
Meet the most trusted facial plastic surgeon in Tampa!
Farrior Facial Plastic Surgery led by a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Edward Farrior is one of the most trusted and sought surgeons in Florida. He has over 30 years’ experience working as a lead surgeon. During this time, Dr. Farrior refined his techniques to help patients achieve the ultimate facial rejuvenation. The Tampa, Florida based practice is solely focused on performing facial and related uplifts and ensures all its surgical procedures rank among the best in class.
The procedures carried out by the practice include facelifts, Rhinoplasty, fillers, injectable, and skincare treatments. The practice also offers specialized, esthetician service to men and women with skin issues. The treatment covers wrinkles, dull skin, acne, and dark spots or hyperpigmentation. To get it in touch with Farrior Facial Plastic Surgery, visit the plastic surgeon website and fill an online contact form. You can also call (813)296 2305 to schedule your first consultation.