A lot of work from VDOT plow drivers and some help from mother nature is helping to clear many roadways in the Shenandoah Valley. As roads are plowed and temperatures rise, conditions are quickly improving.
Many roads are in minor to clear condition as the noon hour approaches. With winds still in the area, motorists are advised to be alert for snow blowing back on some roadways.
Here are the road conditions as of 11:30 a.m.
- Interstate 64 – Minor conditions in Alleghany and Augusta County. Clear conditions in rockbridge county.
- Interstate 66 – Clear conditions in Warren County.
- Interstate 81 – Minor conditions in Augusta County. Clear conditions in Rockbridge, Rockingham, Shenandoah and Frederick counties.
- Primary roads – Minor conditions in Bath, Alleghany, Rockbridge, Augusta, Warren and Page counties. Minor to clear conditions in Highland, Rockingham, Shenandoah and Frederick counties. Clear conditions in Clarke County.
- Secondary roads – Severe condition rockbridge county. Moderate conditions in Highland, Bath, Alleghany, Augusta, Rockingham, Shenandoah, Frederick, Warren and Page counties. Minor conditions in Clarke County.
For winter weather road conditions go to www.511Virginia.org, look at the orange bar on the top of the page and click on “Text Views” and then click on “Road Condition Table”. Look at the pull down box that lists all jurisdictions. In this box individual counties can be chosen to view.
Traffic alerts and traveler information can be obtained by dialing 511. Traffic alerts and traveler information also are available at 511Virginia.org. For other assistance call the VDOT Customer Service Center, available 24 hours-a-day, seven days a week. Citizens can dial 1-800-FOR- ROAD (1-800-367-7623) from anywhere in the state to report road hazards, ask transportation questions, or get information related to Virginia’s roads.
The Staunton District Twitter feed is at @VaDOTStaunton. VDOT can be followed on Facebook, Flickr, Twitter andYouTube. RSS feeds are also available for statewide information. The VDOT Web page is located atwww.VirginiaDOT.org.
The VDOT Staunton District serves Frederick, Shenandoah, Clarke, Warren, Page, Rockingham, Augusta, Highland, Rockbridge, Alleghany and Bath counties.