Skyland Resort is excited to announce the continuation of their popular Shenandoah Seasonings Vintner Dinners. During the month of August, two local wineries will be featured. Wisteria Vineyard and Farm will kick off the month on Friday, August 1 and Horton Vineyard will be featured on Friday, August 15.
“We are pleased to offer these events for our guests during the busy summer season,” said General Manager Charles Friend. “Not only can they enjoy the beautiful mountains and views, but they can get a taste of locally produced wines and foods prepared by our talented culinary team and meet the wine makers during the meal.”
Wisteria Vineyard is a small farm and winery located on the western slope of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the Shenandoah Valley. Executive Chef Paul Lombardy and Sous Chef Heather Cash have prepared a wonderful four-course menu that will be paired with the wines from the vineyard to kick off the month August 1. The menu includes:
· Appetizer: Barbecued King Prawn with Apple Slaw Micro Green Salad paired with Wisteria Seyval
· Salad: Cheese Souffle topped with Roasted Tomato and Lettuce paired with Wisteria Ashtaroot
· Entrée Choices: Apple Stuffed Pork Loin with Beaujolais Wine Reduction Sauce, Tourne Potatoes, Roasted Beets and paired with Merlot or Sole Francaise with Grilled Asparagus and Sweet Onion Wild Rice and served with Chardonnay
· Dessert: Grand Marnier Souffle served with Velvet – a semi-sweet Rosé blend
On Friday, August 15, Skyland Resort will welcome Horton Vineyards and winemaker Barry Isenhour. While the prices are the same for both the overnight package and dinner, the menu if delectably different:
· Appetizer: Season Squash Bisque paired with Vidal Blanc
· Salad: Green Salad with Goat Cheese and Crab Fritter paired with Horton Rkatsiteli
· Entrée Choices: Apple Smoked Twin Rib Pork Chop with an Apricot Glaze, Yellow Rice, Braised Red Cabbage and paired with Norton or Grilled Halibut with Truffle Oil, Parisian Potatoes, Roasted Grape Tomatoes and served with Coates d’Orange
· Dessert: Grilled Peach with Cinnamon Sugar Butter, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and served with Pear Port
This is a perfect excuse to also kick off a long weekend by booking a room. The package is $366.00 and includes guest accommodations for two people, dinner for two, etched wine glasses, and breakfast the following morning. Dinner only per person is $130.00.