The popular country music series announced the move from the Yellow Barn and Shenandoah Caverns at its show in December, but the dream of coming to a new venue is now a reality.
“We are so excited to bring our fourth season of the Shenandoah Jamboree concert series to the Wayne Theatre,” said host and producer Lisa Meadows. “The venue is beautiful and the people are wonderful to work with. What a blessing!”
Wayne Theatre Executive Director Tracy Straight knows the show will draw new people to Waynesboro and the theatre.
“We strongly believe that fans of Shenandoah Jamboree and Lisa Meadows will join us in Waynesboro for the show,” Straight said. “The show has a loyal following and a one hour drive won’t stop anyone from missing it.”
Fans to the show were never just from Shenandoah County. The concert series regularly has drawn audiences from multiple states including New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina.
A bus is also being offered to shuttle long-time fans to the new location in Waynesboro.
In a television interview earlier this week, Meadows said the Wayne brings a new ambiance to the show with theatre seating, dressing rooms and technical advances.
“While the venue will be new, we plan to stick with our roots,” said Meadows. “We’re real excited. We are planning all kinds of fun things.”
The family-friendly Shenandoah Jamboree concert series is held on the first Saturday of each month April-December. The series features national and local talent and an occasional visit by Ben “Cooter” Jones.
The program also airs on WVPT on tape delay.
The Shenandoah Jamboree is funded in part by a Greater Augusta Regional Tourism grant.
Tickets start at $25 and are available online at www.waynetheatre.org, or by phone at (540) 943-9999. Tickets are also available at the box office from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, or one hour before the performance.
- April 2: Mandy Barnett “A Salute to Patsy Cline”
- May 7: Tommy Cash “A Salute to Johnny Cash” and special guest The Hatcher Boys
- June 4: Marty Haggard “A Salute to Merle” and special guest Sara Jane McDonald
- July 2: Nadine – The Church Lady – of RFD-TV’s Larry’s Country Diner and and special guests Faithful Praise
- August 6: Nashville Recording Artist Barbara Fairchild and special guest Glen Shelton
- September 3: LuLu Roman “Hee-Haw Salute” and special guest The Deanes
- October 1: RFD-TV’s Country’s Family Reunion Star Teea Goans and special guest Cody Purvis
- November 5: Irlene Mandrell “A Salute to Veterans” and special guests The Coachmen
- December 3: One of America’s most celebrated gospel groups – The Chuck Wagon Gang and special guests The Crestmen