Old Dominion University football hosts Eastern Michigan on Saturday, Sept. 13 in the first FBS home game in school history.
• Taylor Heinicke passed for 274 yards and Ray Lawry ran for three scores but ODU fell short last Saturday at NC State, 46-34.
• Lawry’s three touchdown runs were tied for the second most in school history. They were the first three TD’s in his career as he had 14 rushes for 71-yards.
• ODU rushed for 196 yards on Saturday. Lawry led with 71, Gerard Johnson had 60 and Cam Boyd added 48.
• Zach Pascal led ODU receiving with nine catches for 98-yards while Antonio Vaughan had eight grabs for 71-yards.
• Vaughan moved into second on ODU’s career receiving chart with 2,398 receiving yards. He needs 11 catches to move past Nick Mayers into first in career receptions.
• Fellonte Misher, Phil Paulhill, and Martez Simpson led ODU with nine tackles apiece at NC State. It was the first game in an ODU uniform for Simpson, who missed the opener with an ankle injury.
• ODU Head Coach Bobby Wilder is 47-15 in his five years in Norfolk. The former Maine offensive coordinator led ODU to FCS playoff berths in 2011 and 2012 along with a CAA Championship in 2012.