As Jeff Gordon prepares to make his final start at Charlotte Motor Speedway during the Bank of America 500 on Oct. 10, speedway officials are rolling out a multifaceted campaign to mark the milestone in a fashion fitting the future NASCAR Hall of Famer.
As part of the speedway’s newly announced “Jeff’s Last Ride: A 24-Day Salute” campaign, fans can take advantage of unique ticket and collectible merchandise packages to be part of the four-timeNASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion’s final race at NASCAR’s home track. All packages include great race tickets and a lineup of collectible merchandise that celebrates the future Hall of Famer’s achievements at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Race fans will also be invited to share their memories of Gordon with legions of fellow fans through social media.
“There simply is no way to fully express the depth of our appreciation to Jeff for all that he has done both on and off the racetrack,” said Marcus Smith, president and general manager of Charlotte Motor Speedway. “Since his first Sprint Cup Series win at Charlotte in the 1994 Coca-Cola 600, Jeff has established himself as one of the world’s most prolific drivers and earned the respect and admiration of millions of race fans. On a personal note, I look forward to seeing him compete at the Bank of America 500 in October and I’m glad he’ll continue to be part of our sport as he moves into the next chapter of his career.”
Plans for the “Jeff’s Last Ride: A 24-Day Salute” include:
- Original Bank of America 500 souvenir program artwork by Sam Bass, NASCAR’s first officially licensed artist, honoring “Jeff’s Last Ride” at Charlotte Motor Speedway;
- Personal stories, memories and well-wishes from sports personalities, community leaders and other celebrities through daily videos posted to JeffsLastRide.com;
- Fans sharing unforgettable moments and remembrances via social media to congratulate the four-time NASCAR Sprint Cup champion;
- A collection of iconic No. 24 race cars and Gordon’s personal cars showcased during theCharlotte AutoFair, Sept. 24-27;
- Partnerships with businesses across the Charlotte region to “paint Charlotte 24” in the final 24 days before the only Saturday night race in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship;
- A 24-day social media campaign that reflects on Gordon’s top moments over the course of his career at Charlotte Motor Speedway;
- “Jeff’s Last Ride” ticket and career celebration merchandise package offers fans great/better/best-value opportunities to witness Gordon’s final race at Charlotte Motor Speedway and a collection of limited-edition merchandise to honor Jeff’s Last Ride at the legendary speedway. Packages start at just $139, plus tax.
For more information about Charlotte Motor Speedway “Jeff’s Last Ride: A 24-Day Salute,” visitwww.JeffsLastRide.com or join the conversation on social media using #JeffsLastRide. To purchase ticket, camping or race-day upgrades, visit www.charlottemotorspeedway.com or call 1-800-455-FANS (3267).