This year, the personal injury law firm of Allen & Allen received over 400 scholarship applications from high school seniors throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. Fifteen of those outstanding students were selected to win the George E. Allen Academic Scholarship – a college scholarship in the amount of $1,500 for each student.
On May 13, 2014, Allen & Allen honored these fifteen students along with their guests at an awards ceremony and dinner at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden in Richmond, Virginia. The firm’s Scholarship Program recognizes students who have overcome unusual obstacles or special challenges, while achieving high standards of community service and academic performance.
- Derek Brydge, Stuarts Draft HS
- Christina Clark, Brunswick HS
- David D’Arville, Godwin HS
- James Dennehy, Hanover HS
- Beth Flohr, Faquier HS
- Andrea Gayle, Caroline HS
- Alea Hansinger, Nansemond River HS
- Mary Huddleston, Cumberland HS
- Kayla Jones, Park View HS
- Faith Kunkel, Hermitage HS
- Jorge Gonzales, Osbourn HS
- Colton Muller, Mountain View HS
- Molly Parker, Thomas Dale HS
- Allison Sellers, Courtland HS
- Lauren Shifflett, Albemarle HS
Now in its twenty-third year, the George E. Allen Scholarship was created to honor the firm’s founder, George E. Allen, Sr., who overcame significant hardship to put himself through college and law school. He went on to become one of the Commonwealth’s top trial attorneys and established one of the premier personal injury law firms in the state. For more information about this and how to apply next year, visit http://www.allenandallen.com/scholarships.html.