Live Coverage: #3 UVA hosts Miami in ACC Saturday Hoops
Third-ranked UVA (19-1, 7-1 ACC) hosts Miami in ACC action Saturday (Feb. 2). Tipoff at John Paul Jones Arena is set for 2 p.m. on Raycom.
- The Virginia-Miami game will be televised on Raycom and streamed online on TheACC.com and broadcast on the Virginia Sports Radio Network, VirginiaSports.com and Virginia Sports app.
- Live statistics will be located on VirginiaSports.com and the Virginia Sports app.
UVA Team Notes
- As of Jan. 31, UVA ranks first nationally in scoring defense (53.2 ppg), turnovers per game (8.8), fewest turnovers (175) and 3-point field goal percentage defense (25%), third in scoring margin (20.5), fourth in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.65), field goal percentage defense (37.2%) and winning percentage (95%), 13th in free throw percentage (76.6%) and 3-point field goal percentage (39.6%),17th in fewest fouls (306), 21st in personal fouls per game (15.3) and 26th in rebound margin (6.3).
- As of Jan. 31, Kyle Guy ranks first in the ACC in 3-pointers (2.9), third in 3-point percentage (45%), ninth in minutes (33.5) and 13th in scoring (14.8).
- Ty Jerome ranks third in assists (5.0) and assist-to-turnover ratio (3.1), seventh in 3-point percentage (40.6%) and 17th in minutes (31.7).
- De’Andre Hunter ranks fourth in field goal percentage (53.3%) and 14th in scoring (14.7).
- Mamadi Diakite ranks 10th in blocked shots (1.3) and Braxton Key ranks 23rd in rebounding (5.8).
Miami Team Notes
- Miami is playing its third straight ranked foe and is completing a brutal stretch in which it faces four ranked opponents in five games.
- Miami is the only team among basketball’s six power conferences with five players averaging at least 11 ppg apiece.
- Junior Dewan Hernandez announced Monday that he is withdrawing from the University of Miami to prepare for the 2019 NBA Draft.
- DJ Vasiljevic has hit at least one 3-pointer in 33 straight games – the longest current streak in the ACC – and is 10th in career 3-pointers at UM (172).
- Chris Lykesis ninth in the ACC in overall scoring (16.8) and 10th in conference play (17.0 ppg).
- UM has led in the second half in 16 of its 20 games.
- UM averages 8.8 3-pointers per game (third in ACC).
- Zach Johnson is one of 14 players nationally with 1,500 career points and 350 assists.