The Amazon Fire Stick is a great device. It can make any HDTV into a smart TV with smart capabilities. It runs on an Android operating system and like all Android devices, it needs regular updates.
Amazon has a good development team behind the firestick and they release regular updates. These updates can bring security features and new functionalities as well. Keeping the device up-to-date thus has the utmost importance. You really do not want to leave the device vulnerable just because you were too lazy to do a simple update that only takes a few minutes to do.
Wondering how to keep the Amazon Fire Stick up-to-date? Read on.
How to Update Amazon Fire Stick
Amazon has simplified the update process to an extent that it is now very easy to go through it without facing any issues. Even children can successfully do this. Follow these steps carefully to update your Amazon fire stick:
- Using your Alexa remote, select the Settings tab from the menu bar on top. It will be the last item on the menu.
- Inside the settings menu, scroll to the right and open Device. If you are on older versions of the fire stick, such as the first generation fire stick, this option may be called System.
- Click on About.
- Scroll to the bottom and open Software Version.
- Click on Check for System Update to make the stick search for OS updates.
- If the system detects that an update is available, it will be automatically downloaded. Make sure you have an active internet connection while it is downloading.
- Once the download is complete, the device will ask you if you want to install the update right away. Click on Install System Update.
- The installation process will now start and will take a few minutes depending upon the size of the update.
Done! Your Amazon Fire TV Stick is now on the latest firmware.
If you don’t have the time or don’t wish to do the update right away, you can stop at the 7th step after the download is complete. The next time you restart your TV, the update will take place automatically.
What do I do if I face any issues with the update?
If you have an unreliable internet connection, the update can fail and even mess up your firestick. So make sure your Wi-Fi connectivity is good before starting with this process.
If any other errors keep on coming, or if the install screen freezes, there is a quick and working solution. Turn your device off, remove the power for more than three seconds to make sure that it is off, restart the device and do the update again. This can fix most problems. If it doesn’t, resetting the stick is always an option.
This post was all about keeping your Amazon fire stick up to date. There are various advantages to updating regularly, both security-wise and feature-wise. Also, to get most out of your Fire TV Stick, you can take a look at the Fire Stick tricks website. We hope this article was useful to you. Keep visiting us.