Following are the themes and criteria for memorabilia that the Society would like to include in the exhibits:
1. We are looking for wedding dresses, bridesmaids’ dresses, wedding invitations, photographs, or any other memorabilia to include in the exhibit.
2. All items are intended to be on loan and not included in the museum’s permanent collection.
3. Items submitted must represent weddings that took place in Highland County prior to 1965.
1. Again, we are looking for memorabilia from Highland veterans only.
2. Items submitted for this particular exhibit must be representative of the following wars: World Wars 1 & 2, the Korean War and the War in Vietnam. However, if you have any memorabilia from the Revolutionary or Civil War, the museum would be interested in having your contact information for future exhibits.
3. Items can include photographs, uniforms or parts of uniforms, metals, citations, and/or other memorabilia specific to any of the wars listed above.
4. Letters home from war will be copied and returned to the owner.
Items must be submitted no later than February 20. The new exhibits will open in time for Maple Festival.
For more information contact Carolyn Powhowsky at 540-468-3838. Carolyn will be happy to pick up items. Items are loaned to the Historical Society however donations will be considered.