The game will be broadcast on ESPN3.
Augusta Free Press editor Chris Graham will join Wade Branner on the broadcast team for ESPN3.
First pitch is at 6 p.m.
The Hokies have lost 10 straight since opening ACC play with a 14-3 win over #5 Miami on March 11.
Tech was swept at home over the weekend by Notre Dame.
VMI opened SoCon play at home over the weekend against The Citadel, and dropped the rubber match in the series on Sunday, 4-2.
- VMI: Micah Gorman is 0-3 with a 7.17 ERA in 2016. He will be making his ninth appearance and fourth start Tuesday night. In 21.1 innings, he has struck out 17 and walked 12, allowing 22 runs, 17 earned, on 28 hits, with opponents hitting .308 against him this season. Gorman’s last outing was last week in Norfolk against ODU. He gave up seven runs, five earned, on 10 hits in four innings, striking out four and walking two.
- Virginia Tech has not announced its starting pitcher.
- Collin Fleischer enters the game on a 13-game streak of reaching base. Fleischer also hit his seventh home run of the season in Saturday’s win over The Citadel, helping the Keydets push up the school record charts in that statistic.
- David Geary had one double in the series against The Citadel and enters the midweek action leading the SoCon in that category. Geary ranked sixth in Division I in that statistic at the 3/24 stat update.
- The Keydets enter the midweek with 42 home runs on the season. Through games of March 24, the Keydets led Division I in that statistic. It is also the 10th-most in school history, despite having approximately half of the season yet to go.
Preview by Chris Graham