Benefits of cancer treatment in Germany
Cancer treatment in Germany constantly stays in the focus of medical attention. Oncologists work further on the existing therapeutic techniques, e.g. create new devices for removing brain tumors, like the Visualase system, and develop new promising methods, like the immunotherapy with CAR T-cells.
Cancer treatment in Germany constantly stays in the focus of medical attention. Oncologists work further on the existing therapeutic techniques, e.g. create new devices for removing brain tumors, like the Visualase system, and develop new promising methods, like the immunotherapy with CAR T-cells. One more discovery in the sphere of pharmacotherapy is testing medications on organoids. Organoids are natural cellular components that can be cultivated in the laboratory conditions for further experiments. Thus, cancer treatment options in Germany provide patients with best chances for recovery.
Benefits of receiving therapy in Germany
In Germany, clinical oncologists, oncologic surgeons and doctors of other specialties work together on elaborating the most beneficial and comprehensive therapeutic scheme for every patient. Concept of complementary therapy is the basis of each scheme. Other significant benefits of cancer treatment in Germany include:
- Precise diagnostics. In Germany, histological verification of the diagnosis is performed even in tumor localization in the hard-to-reach regions. Biopsy may be carried out during the endoscopic intervention, catheter stereotactic procedure, etc. So-called liquid biopsies and targeted visualization examinations (e.g. PET/CT with 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose) are also used actively.
- Combination of novel and conventional systemic treatments. In Germany, conventional chemotherapy is supplemented by immunotherapy and targeted drugs. It is important to note that, approved in Germany targeted and immunotherapeutic medications may be unobtainable in other countries yet.
- Sparing surgeries with high precision and low risks. In eligible patients traumatic conventional surgeries are substituted with safer endoscopic and catheter procedures, robotic interventions, and stereotactic radiosurgery (i.e. Cyberknife and Gamma Knife).
- Adjusted individually radiation therapy. Whole body radiation therapy is typically substituted with 3D conformal radiotherapy, volumetric arc therapy, and intensity-modulated radiation therapy. These techniques consider shape and volume of the tumor for better irradiation directing.
- Management of side effects, symptomatic therapy of high quality. German specialists pay attention to general state of patient and thrive for better quality of life during the whole treatment process.
Leading hospitals for cancer treatment
The healthcare system in Germany numbers over 2000 healthcare facilities. In order to make correct choice and undergo efficient therapy in the suitable institution, one should investigate annual qualification reports of hospitals, their occupational data and independent reviews. Comprehensive and reliable information facilitates finding the most appropriate exactly for your case hospital.
Nevertheless, there are few famous multidisciplinary institutions that often take a lead in the list of TOP healthcare facilities that offer the most efficient cancer therapy:
- University Hospital Frankfurt am Main.
- University Hospital Muenster.
- University Hospital Halle (Saale).
- University Hospital Bonn and Beta Klinik Bonn.
- University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich.
In addition, large university hospitals offer patients a chance to take part in clinical trials. Clinical trials are aimed at elaboration and investigation of the innovative medical devices and medications. Eligible patients participate in clinical trials for free.
Booking Health facilitates undergoing treatment abroad
If arrangement of cancer treatment in Germany seems complicated, company Booking Health will become your reliable assistant in receiving medical services in the leading German cancer clinics. Booking Health offers full-package services, including organizational and medical aspects:
- Making informed choice between specialized oncological hospitals.
- Booking the convenient outpatient appointment or hospitalization date.
- Elaboration and explaining the preliminary medical program.
- Monitoring of all program stages by our independent medical experts.
- Help in purchasing and forwarding medical products, medications.
- Providing favorable cost of treatment in Germany, saving up to 50% due to excluding the additional fees.
- Control of invoices and final calculation.
- Keeping in touch with the clinic, receiving and translating medical reports and recommendations.
- Arrangement of additional tests and distant consultations, if necessary.
- Services of interpreter and translation of medical documents.
- Booking accommodation and plane tickets, transfer organization.
To start preparation for your medical journey, please, contact Booking Health via the “Send request” form on the company’s official website.