Motorists should be alert to road and/or lane closures and possible delays as crews under contract to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) perform regularly-scheduled safety inspections at the locations listed below, weather permitting.
VDOT inspects all its bridges at least once every two years unless there are issues with a structure due to age, deterioration, bridge damage or other known concerns. In these cases, more frequent inspections are conducted. Routine bridge inspections continue to ensure that all Virginia bridges remain safe for motorists. When bridge inspectors find any safety concerns, bridges are immediately posted to reduce weight limits or closed until necessary repairs are made. Other structures (signs, signals, etc.) are inspected on a regular basis.
Motorists are urged to use caution when traveling through these and any highway work zones. For additional information about work zones statewide, visit www.511Virginia.org or call 511.
- August 1– Route 20 over Muddy Creek and Route 60 over Whispering Creek
- August 4– Route 604 over NS Railway (two structures) and Route 707 over NS Railway
- August 5 –Route 707 over NS Railway, Route 650 over SN Railway and Route 649 over NS Railway
- August 6-Route 675 over NS Railway, Route 617 over NS Railway and Route 619 over NS Railway
- August 12-Route 645 over Wards Fork Creek
- August 26-Route 29 North Bypass over Route 1156
- August 12-Route 58 East over Dan River
- August 7-Route 29 North over Route 677 and NS Railway
- August 27-Route 501 North and South over Route 29 Bypass
- August 8-Route 56 over Black Creek and Route 645 over Beaver Creek
- August 11-Route 622 over Cascade Creek, Route 29 North over Little Fall Creek and Route 668 over Reed Creek
- August 25 – Rotue 29 North over Livestock Road and Route 41 over Route 29