Women’s Basketball: UVA hosts Coppin State on Sunday
The UVA women’s basketball team (2-5) hosts Coppin State (0-4) on Sunday, Dec. 2 at 2 p.m., at John Paul Jones Arena.
- The game will stream on ACC Network Extra, which is available to authenticated subscribers of ESPN3 through WatchESPN and the ESPN app
- All of the 2018-19 Virginia women’s basketball games – home and away – are available locally on the radio on NewsRadio 1070 AM and 98.9 FM WINA
- Fans can also keep up with the action through live stats on VirginiaSports.com.
UVA Team Notes
- Since moving into the starting lineup two games ago, junior forward Lisa Jablonowski (Ernster, Luxembourg) is 9-of-16 shooting (56.2 percent), averaging 7.0 rebounds and 9.5 points per game. After averaging 16.9 minutes per game in her first two seasons, Jablonowski has played 30 minutes in each of the last two games
- Sophomore guard Brianna Tinsley (Madison, Va.) has scored in double figures in three of the last four games, including scoring a career-high 19 points on Wednesday night at Michigan State. Last season, Tinsley had two games scoring in double figures, including a then-career-high 13 points against Miami
- Junior guard Jocelyn Willoughby (East Orange, N.J.) has a streak of five-straight games in which she has scored in double figures, including scoring a season-high 16 points at Michigan State
- Willoughby has posted double-doubles in each of the last two games, with 11 points and 13 rebounds against Saint Louis and 16 points with 11 boards at Michigan State
- Willoughby is shooting 47.6 percent from three-point range (10-of-21) and Tinsley is making 40.0 percent of her attempts (16-of-40)
- Tinsley has taken 40 three-point shots this season. She took 70 all of last year
- The Cavaliers are attempting 21.7 three-point shots per game. Last season, the team averaged 17.48. UVA is making 8.0 per game. Last season, the team made 6.0 per game
- Sophomore guard Khyasia Caldwell (Pocono Summit, Pa.) scored a career-high nine points at Michigan State